• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211 pto jumping out

rtennant

Level 1
First name
rtennant
I'm still trying to figure all this out. I have 5211 and the pto tries to kick out when in heavy load bush hogging. Detent pins ok, no wear, snapring on pto shaft there, I not got much hair left, anyone got idea?
Thanks
roger
and since i'm in there is there any need to rebuild the ?? lift cylinder or the main lift ? Any idea of how much that would cost??
Thanks again.

The 540 only PTO on our 3320 has the same problem. I thought had it licked when I changed the snap ring on the PTO shaft. But it didn't fix it.

Before I replaced my PTO snap ring I removed the top plate and inspected the detente system and the bars with the notches. Everything appeared to be in excellent shape. When I removed the rocker cover under the seat everything appeared normal as well. I removed the PTO shaft and closely inspected it and saw no areas of concern.

The only odd thing I can see is that the PTO shaft is very difficult to turn by hand when it should be free wheeling. This whether the engine is running or not. I'm wondering if a bearing is starting to seize. Why this would cause the PTO to jump I do not know but I've run out of other possibilities.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back