• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5211 PTO problems -- Please help

tom_n_ms

Level 2
First name
Gary
For those who have been following and I'm sure some are sick of this thing like I am...Anyway, someone said my problem is likely the clutch..Anybody agree or disagree with this?? Note: Original problem PTO lever all the way forward lift will work and PTO spins all the time.........must be something to do with having the PTO lever in the correct position when installing the cover..What is the correct position--...At this point I have the hi/lo engaging the large gear(this is 540 I think) and I have the PTO slide slid all the way to the back(as if the lever itself would be all the way forward)-in this position I am able to line up all five detents straight across..hoping this may be the magic combination.When help can come by again I will be trying to set the cover on again....Suggestions?? Thoughts? Instructions? Thanks

If it has not already been suggested remove the cover plate for the PTO shaft and see if the retaining circlip is broken. A shot in the dark but this solved some similar problems on my 3320.

Hi

Doesn't sound like a clutch issue to me.
If it's any help I never bother lining all the detents up. I have the main gear lever casting off and just play with each lever after I've laid the cover on until they feel like they've found their slot in the selector.

Mike

Thanks Tony and ixer0..at this point I will try anything. Will keep you posted on progress..--- UPDATE--Sat cover on gearbox-got pto and H/L levers in their slots and think I have found the right spot for the 540/1000 to sit down in its spot--got it marked with dot of paint--so tomorrow evening will plan to lift the cover and get the gasket in place..sure hope this is it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back