• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5245 & 7745 cold steering issues

Tore into the steering box last night, as I lost all steering again. This is the tractor I feed one farm with, so I needed to get it fixed. Looks like the issue is with the ball screw in the steering box. The thread on the steering shaft looks fine, I think its the nut end in the box. I have the side of the steering box ready to pull out. Just need to lift up the deck so I can get it the rest of the way out. Have my parts man looking for some replacements.

Parts are on order, should be here for me to get it together this weekend. Had to order the ball screw and steering shaft as one unit. Probably better, as I would imagine that it's all worn. Now to get ready to play in the mud getting it fixed. It's outside, and we have 3" of rain coming. :sneaky:

Parts are on order, should be here for me to get it together this weekend. Had to order the ball screw and steering shaft as one unit. Probably better, as I would imagine that it's all worn. Now to get ready to play in the mud getting it fixed. It's outside, and we have 3" of rain coming. :sneaky:

Well done on your ripping job and finding the problem so fast, you right to order it all if one bit is worn maybe sure its all bet.

Can you tell me how you got this fixed? Mine is broken as well. Did you only have to remove the right side cover? Or did you have to remove all of the steering linkage off the left side? My tractor is a 7245, but I assume it's pretty similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back