• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5245 Hand Brake Stuck

dale_keever

Level 2
First name
Dale Keever
My hand brake is stuck and will not release. This does not appear to be a linkage problem, but something to do with the hand brake bands not releasing. How do you get to the bands? I don't see any portal or access opening, has anyone else had the problem?

You can untighten them on top of the rear axle. You have to undo the slotted plate on top of the axle, under the cab floor to undo an M16 threaded rod that spans the brake bands.

this happens also on my 6245..... but the always let go when i put it in reverse an back up a bit.....

Thanks Renze and Forterra, I will try reverse and see if that breaks the bands loose. If that does not work I will have to gain access to the brake bands. I will let you know what happens.

Backing up did the trick, but I now think the linkage is not allowing the bands to release when using the hand brake. The brake cable is new so I'm not sure what could be the problem but I plan to find out! Thanks again guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back