• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

5545 - Teprature Isue

mathew101

Level 2
First name
mathew101
Hi all.
I have a 5545, i have it a white but have only used it for a few small jobs are i have been sorting out a few problems with it, brakes, tinwork ect. all looking and driving nice now
Its a really nice tractor, dirves like a dream, and if i tried.. i'm sure it could pull the house down... The enjine has allwas seamed really good
My mum has been using for the past few days to chain arow the feilds. She usees it for a few hours at a time. She reports it runs hot at around 100 degrees C and if she really opens it up on a hill she will start to boil.
What is the ideal running temprature for a zetor ? i gess 100 is too hot.
I went to take the thermostate out to test it and there was not one in there. ( i asumed it should be in the water manifold running to the top of the rad)
Could the lack of a thermoste make it run hot?
I read on a previus post to flush it out with codic soda, is this worth doin? the pump is working, belt tight. no back presure. do you think a thermoste would help ? asuming i looked in the right palce?
thanks again matt

hi
i tried running her with caustic soda today and flusher her through, i think it has worked, loads of brown crap, and little lumps came out, i worked her for about 30mins and she sat at 80. I think the problem is solved, still can work out if she has a thormostate in her though? Did i look in the right place?
kind regards
matt

the outside of the radiator can also get clogged with dirt and dust , stopping air from flowing through the fins. we wash ours out with a hose pipe , direct the hose at the front of the radiater if the water goes through its clean , if it bounces back and you get wet its blocked:) . weve even had a fluffy coating of dandelion seeds causing overheating whilst mowing.

thermostat should be at the engine end of the top hose... lack of one should make it run cold or take a lot longer to warm up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back