• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6245 Gauge issues

romad

Level 2
First name
Romad
I just bought a 6245 and can't wait to start using it. I have a few things to fix with the main one being the temperature gauge. The needle jumps when I insert the key but does not rise as the tractor warms up. The fuel gauge also isn't working and it goes all teh way to fuel when the key is inserted. Could this be just a grounding issue? Does anyone know where the grounding wire/strap is located? Also, where is the temperature sensor? Any light anyone can shed on the issue would be greatly apprciated. Fortunately I have a 5211 with all working gauges so I can use those to troubleshoot the issues once I locate them.

The needle jumps when I insert the key but does not rise as the tractor warms up. The fuel gauge also isn't working and it goes all teh way to fuel when the key is inserted. Could this be just a grounding issue? Does anyone know where the grounding wire/strap is located? Also, where is the temperature sensor?

The temperature sensor is in the thermostat housing, sometimes the sensors stop working also sometimes the thermostat has been removed and the water never gets hot. The fuel gauge not working more than lightly it's the float in the tank is wrong unless the wires on the top are on the wrong way, look at the top of the tank, the wires are colour coded.
There should be an earth strap going from the cab to the chassis at the clutch pedal.

Well the guage is now working. I located the sensor/sender under the thermostat housing and wouldnt you know it....the wire connector had pulled loose. I reattached it and it still wouldnt work but after clean all the ground connections it is now working. It is still running a little below normal operting temps so I plan on replacing the thermostat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back