• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6245 stuck in reverse

robbieh

Level 2
First name
OhioBuck8
hello again friends.

So yesterday I used my tractor and everything was fine. Today I go to use it and it is always in reverse.

When the shift is in neutral, the tractor goes in reverse. I cannot shift to 1st or Reverse, but I can shift to 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear, but the tractor will not drive in these gears. It just cuts out.

I found this :

and took off the floor panel. I see the 5 bolts in a row. 1, space, 2,3,4 and 5.
I put a screwdriver in the 4th one and it feels like the plate is blocking the entire opening. I cannot grab onto anything with the screw driver. Do I need to remove the entire clutch part where the shift is?
I took a pic that shows the 5 bolts I removed. You can see the shift stick housing on top. Do I need to remove that whole thing? If so, what do I look for? Thanks.

You must remove the hollow bolt itself, not the one that holds the spring and ball in... :)

Thank you !!!

I removed the actual hollow bolt and could see the gears/plates. I aligned them to the neutral position and the clutch felt normal again. put the bolts back in and now the tractor is running great!

Thanks again;)

now you have the tunnel cover off, i advise to grind a slot above these bolts so next time you only have to take the floormat off and need just a screwdriver and a 17mm wrench in the tractor toolbox, when it happens again (i say when, not if !)

There was a modification kit available to cure this, when you get sick of popping it back in neutral with a screwdriver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back