• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6245-Will not start-No power to starter/lights/gauges

romad

Level 2
First name
Romad
I was bushhogging/mowing the other night using the lights and about 30 minutes into the work the lights went out and I lost power to the fuel and temp gauges. I continued mowing since I could still see were to mow. Put the tractor in the shed, shut it off but when I went to crank it the next day there was it would not crank. Battery has a full charge but it will not turn over at all.

Is there a fuse or something that I may have blown. I looked at all the small fuse in the fuse block and they all semm okay. Is there another, bigger fuse or relay that I can check?

If you lost power to lights and others it would be fuses, but if it won't turn over you need to check have you power at the starter because that series was a bad one for burning out.

Thanks DYI,
Are you talking about the starter burning out or somewhere in between? The thing that confuses me is that the lights went out while I was running it. Electrical problems are the worst

If your sure the battery is good, I would start by putting a test light on the starter on the heavy cable and see there is power there, then try the fuses there sure should be one for the button and the key. You are right one of the cons of owning that model, I had to re-wire a 7245 twice that had an electrical fire twice.

Guess its time to pull out the multimeter and start chasing the wires. Fuses are good. With a new switch it was to be a bad wire or connector. Ill update when I find the issue. Thanks again DIY

I have had a similar problem on my 4340 and in my case it was the key-switch. No cranking and the gauges went out dispite a full battery. The rush-in current to the solonoid burns the switch after some years.
Hazze

Users who are viewing this thread

Back