• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6340 gearbox brake

hkusamdoc

Level 2
First name
hkusamdoc
Can anyone tell me what the gearbox brake is and where to find it. I am ready to assemble the clutch slave and have found a page in the operator's manual referring to "clutch slave cylinder and gearbox brake adjustment.

In the diagram the lever (5) is adjusted to line up the slave cylinder with the clutch actuating rod, by the nuts (2) on the threaded end of a rod which goes back to a bracket on the transmission case which is fixed to two threaded studs (only the lower stud has a nut and lock washer on it). But the diagram shows this rod attached to what seems to be a lever arm attached to a shaft.

I wonder if my 6340 does not have a gearbox brake.

Also on the threaded rod mentioned above, there is only one nut and it seems there should be two so they can be jammed together to prevent movement after adjustment.

Can anyone tell me what the gearbox brake is and where to find it. I am ready to assemble the clutch slave and have found a page in the operator's manual referring to "clutch slave cylinder and gearbox brake adjustment.

In the diagram the lever (5) is adjusted to line up the slave cylinder with the clutch actuating rod, by the nuts (2) on the threaded end of a rod which goes back to a bracket on the transmission case which is fixed to two threaded studs (only the lower stud has a nut and lock washer on it). But the diagram shows this rod attached to what seems to be a lever arm attached to a shaft.

I wonder if my 6340 does not have a gearbox brake.

Also on the threaded rod mentioned above, there is only one nut and it seems there should be two so they can be jammed together to prevent movement after adjustment.

im not certain it has a gearbox brake. this Device is meant to slow Down the spinning gearwheels in a non syncronised treansmission upond pushing the clutch pedal. since the 6340 has a synchro Box (exept 1st and fw/rev gears) im not sure it has this feature. but its found on all previous zetors without synchro and With only 4and 5th gir synchro Box. ill have to check my 6340 tomorrow to investigate this.

Thanks. Would the rod from the arm attached to the clutch slave be for the gear brake on other models ? On mine I suppose it is only for lining up the cylinder and push rod as the rear end of the rod is fixed to the trans case by the arm which spans two studs in the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back