• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6340 Hydrolic Pump questions

chaddermando

Level 2
First name
Chaddermando
Good day all!

Love our 6340 :D

The Hydrolic pump however I have had to service o-rings (either in the end cap or the main pressure fitting coming out the top of the pump - seems one or the other goes repeatedly about every 50-100 hours).

Recently we lost Hydrolic pressure ( this happened twice which after revving the engine pressure returned and I got the job done but third time it stopped for good).

After calling the dealer and talking to their tech he suspected the pump may need replacing (even though previously for similar issues it was blown o-rings inside the end cap of the pump).

I pulled it apart last night and found one of the small o-rings blown in the end cap so I am hoping this is the problem.

The tech said if I pull the pump off (front left engine mounted type) and can turn it by hand it needs replacing.

I am able to turn it by hand but it does have some resistance. Seems to me it's a gear or screw type pump so I would think being able to turn hand shouldn't be that big of deal however if it freely spins yah I get that it would not create pressure.

I am going to take it to local ag dealer today for o-rings and am hoping that's all it needs.

If any of you out there know it should have way more resistance and agree with the dealer that I shouldn't be able to spin it by hand please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Chad

Good day all!

Love our 6340 :D

The Hydrolic pump however I have had to service o-rings (either in the end cap or the main pressure fitting coming out the top of the pump - seems one or the other goes repeatedly about every 50-100 hours).

Recently we lost Hydrolic pressure ( this happened twice which after revving the engine pressure returned and I got the job done but third time it stopped for good).

After calling the dealer and talking to their tech he suspected the pump may need replacing (even though previously for similar issues it was blown o-rings inside the end cap of the pump).

I pulled it apart last night and found one of the small o-rings blown in the end cap so I am hoping this is the problem.

The tech said if I pull the pump off (front left engine mounted type) and can turn it by hand it needs replacing.

I am able to turn it by hand but it does have some resistance. Seems to me it's a gear or screw type pump so I would think being able to turn hand shouldn't be that big of deal however if it freely spins yah I get that it would not create pressure.

I am going to take it to local ag dealer today for o-rings and am hoping that's all it needs.

If any of you out there know it should have way more resistance and agree with the dealer that I shouldn't be able to spin it by hand please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Chad

i agree With dealer, sorry :) buy a New pump

Update: took the pump to a couple local hydrolic places. It's a gear pump they said it's okay to be able to turn it. (BTW: I wasn't probably clear above. I can turn the pump by hand but not easily. I have to squeeze quite hard.)

Anyhow, turned out I had a couple blown O-rings in the end cap of the pump. This has blown twice previously and I am pretty sure it keeps happening because I'm using the wrong size o-rings. Anyway, got the right size last week so am hoping to put together today and verify, may still need a new pump after all but we'll see.

My 6341 had the same problem. What happens is that the blocks that the o-rings fit into wear to the point that they do not put enough pressure on the o-rings. This causes oil to leak past the o-rings, which quickly destroys them. I was able to machine the main housing to be slightly shorter (the same as the amount of wear) and reassemble it with new o-rings. So far it is working well, but at best I consider it to be only 90%. When it fails again, I will be buying a new pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back