• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6718 Year of Manufacture

United-Kingdom mjc

Level 1
First name
Mike Clements

Machinery:
Zetor 6718
Can anyone assist me in determining the year of manufacture of my 6718 as I need this information to register the vehicle and have no documentation to which to refer. I have the serial number 2623 and engine number 6701/3836. There is a date stamp on the air seat diaphram of 1972 but of course this could be meaningless!??? Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry to drag this old boring thing out of the archives69) but I am still struggling here.:( I need some proof of year of manufacture for the UK registration authorities for them to be able to issue a registration mark that matches the age of my tractor. If all you 6718 owners could give me your serial numbers and year of manufacture I could probably work it out by myself....When did this 6718 model appear and when was it discontinued would be a start...come on guys..help me out here. ???

They were built from 1972 to 1978.
Ours is a 1976, it has the old style manufacturer plate.

Mike, on your manufacturing plate, is the word Zetor , the logo, written with the curly fonts like the logo in the upper left of this webpage, or is it written in square fonts, like the sticker on the bonnet ??

I will check the serial numberof ours.

Hi Renze, I have the curly writing on the plate. Thanks for the information so far, it certainly narrows down the search, look forward to your serial number!:D

Mike,

On my Crystal, there is a plate on the engine giving the year of manufacture. Would your tractor have something similar?

Tom

Mike, i will check tommorow.
So, it's built between 1972 and at least 1976... I dont know when they changed the font type on the type plate, i only know that the late 1978 6718 had the square font.

Tom, i think only the Crystal engines had a serial plate for the engine, on the UR1 i thinkt the engine nymber is on the main serial plate under the dashboard.

Mike,

Is there any reason that you can't just make something up?

Or we could have a vote here to formally decide the age of your tractor? :D

Thanks everybody for your time on this, Tom, my engine number is on the main plate in the cab but I'll have a look under the oil and dirt on the engine for another mark!;) Arctic, the licensing people here in England require official documentation from the manufacturer or confirmation from an expert source, so I guess if we all agree on a year then that would be fairly convincing!:D

Mike
Try Pavel Cach Zetor Marketing Manager Zetor pdc
If you e-mail him the serial no he will give you the exact date of manufacture down to when your 6718 rolled off the production line .He was able to date our 7245 to 20/06/1989
His e-mail address is cach@zetorpdc.cz
Regards
Robert Bradley

Sorry Boys, but the quest continues!??? Mr. Cach wrote:

Dear Mr. Clements,
We have investigate in Zetor archive but the model was probably produced before 1970 as we did not find any record for model 6718 and serial no. 2623
Sorry.
With best regards,
Ing. Pavel Cach:(

Please can everyone post up the year and serial number for their 6718?:)

Come on all you 6718 drivers..>:)get your heads down under the dashboard and give my your serial numbers....then your year of manufacture..:sneaky:...please.. I'm bored with this topic now and I bet you are too !!??? Renze, what happened to your offer of a number?:(

Hey Mike !!

Sorry it took so long...

6718 built in 1976
engine type/serial number 6701/31168
tractor serial number 15741

Hi Mike ,

sorry to keep you waiting ...
My 6718-references :
Year : 1976 ; chassis 22615 ; Engine : 043238

Hope it helps ...

Zwalmzetor.

Here's my 6748 1978 "S" reg so probably built 1977
Plate: Culy type script.
Year: Blank
Serial no: 33778
Engine No: 6701-63857
I was walking past it with a pencil in my hand and suddenly remembered to get the info for you.

I can only read the stamped numbers on the plate of my 6945. I can read one that says 1978. would that be date of manufacture?

Our German speaking friends at www.zetor -forum.de are having the same problems with registrations, and are therefor building a VIN number list with year of build.

http://www.zetor-forum.de/forum/resources/fin-vin-und-min-zetor-seriennummern.26/

Date of first approval is allways guesswork, but you can find the date of cast of varous parts. A transmission or engine is allways built 6 months later than the casting date, because cast steel must weather before it is machined, because it will warp during the weathering period. once its stabile, its machined and assembled into a tractor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back