• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6945 ingnition diagram

leedeerman

Level 2
First name
leedeerman
I hope someone can help me I have 1979 6945 in a sorry state, ive had to repalce the alternator with one with a built in regulator, could anyone help me as I have to rewire the ignition- chraging system, diagrams or advice, any help would be much appriciated.

i replaced the generator on my 6711 for an alternator, and followed instructions from a local auto electrician and it works fine.
dont know if its similar to yours but here goes...

my replacement alternator has 2 connections, 1 big terminal and 1 smaller one next to it. (earthing through the body/mounting bolts.)

the original metal box regulator/rectifier (in cab under dash) is removed also.

i needed to install a new ignition indicator lamp because it is wired differently from the original. (the original has a body that goes to earth), new one does not earth through body.

disconnect and extend thick (permanent live )+12v cable from reg/rect. and connect to large term on alternator.
take smaller gauge ignition live +12v from reg/rec run to one side of new lamp and then from other side of new lamp to smaller terminal on alternator. job done.

so in short--- big terminal on alternator effectively goes to battery + ve terminal, and an ignition live goes through indicator lamp then to smaller term on alt.
this is from memory but i am sure its correct.

Dont forget to ensure the small terminal circuit goes through the key switch or a new switch or the the bulb will run the battery down.

Dont forget to ensure the small terminal circuit goes through the key switch or a new switch or the the bulb will run the battery down.

yep, sorry if i was unclear- thats what i meant by 'ignition live'.
i.e. wire that becomes live when you turn ignition on (or put in key)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back