• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7011 Motorpal Injector Pump

buckau

Level 2
First name
BuckAu
Hi all,
I have a 1982 Zetor 7011 (Id plate says 70110) Australian Delivery.
The Motor wont idle like the governor is seized Ive drained the Injector pump lots of water and rust have flushed it for a week Its a little better but no good. I did try to get a manual to try and remove the Back cover from the injector pump but cant locate one.
Anyone on the forum done this without removing the pump.?:sneaky:
Regards BuckAu

Dont know when they changed the pump, from individual sump to pressure lubricated by the engine oil pump. But on the older style, undo the hatch on the side and spray MoS2 on the rack and plungers, also take off the rear hatch and spray the governor itself too. Then try to pry stuff loose with a screwdriver. Dont damage any sensitive parts and make no scratches on the rack !
when it starts moving, put the hatches back and fill it fully with diesel fuel. Then let it run for 10 minutes, correcting the fuel delivery with a screwdriver through the hatch if necessary (dont let it "run away" when it is stuck at full fuel delivery) Then drain off the diesel which will now be totally rustbrown, and fill it with oil.

Thank You Renze,

The pump has its own oil reservoir I did what you said and got lots more rust out. The rack Is moving free now, However I can not get it to idle still , it will try and then hunts (Increases to around 1800-2000rpm) then drop back and fluctuate.

Maybe Its not the pump?? but i think the governor for sure but i may be wrong there seems to be small amount of air In the primer bulb have replaced the hand primer as well. but no hesitation at full revs (rpm)

Any advice greatly received.

Regards BuckAu ???

Hi All,
Can anyone help ?
Have now removed injector pump from motor still have rust on governor have removed back cover bolts and rack linkage

Anyone familiar how It comes apart to access the governor.??

Kind Regards BuckAu

Hi, the little bit of air in the bowl is normal. I would be very cautious pulling a governor apart if you're not entirely confident in working on pumps. If it doesn't go back together right, things can go VERY wrong!!! You may end up with bits of rods and pistons on the ground before you can run around trying to work out how to stop it.
Diesel pump governors have what's called a dashpot. It is basically a shock absorber that uses the oil in the governor to dampen the movement of the rack to stop it hunting. If you have diesel in the governor, the dashpot won't work as intended. I would suggest either keep flushing it with diesel, then fill it with engine oil, or take it to a pump shop, and have it done right. The only problem with a pump shop, is they'll want to replace anything that doesn't look right, just to cover their arse.

As a side note, where in aus are you?

Cheers,
Aaron.

Thanks,
Aaron yes i here what you said and I have seen first hand what a runaway engine can do and the destruction that can occur thanks for the heads up just the same. It turned out a straight forward job when you work it out Im assuming Motorpal have a special guage to lock the governor to reassemble it.

Any how got it apart it was frozen solid did improve it 80 percent at least it will now idle but still hunts slightly so of to the pump shop next.
Im Victoria Australia Aaron where are you at.

Kind Regards BuckAu:)

Overfill it with diesel fuel (just ignore the dripping from the breather) and just use it. It will get better, and it saves a lot of money over a pump shop.

Hi Renze,
Having just purchased a 6745 that would hunt badly at idle, I was reading with interest your various posts on sticky goveners and flushing them out with diesel................. bloody magic! not only did it 99% cure the problem with hunting, but the leftover diesel i squirted into my defunct tacho with a broken glass, that had not worked for some years, and 1 day later away it went just like it should!...... now i just need to replace the glass and not the whole unit.
Question: how do you set the idle speed? i cannot find a stop anywhere...... my old AEC bus had a sprung loaded stop on the pump and you lifted the accellerator firmly to kill it.

Steve, Zetors dont have a stopper nor an idle adjustment, you just set the idle rpm with the hand throttle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back