• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7045 Injector Pump - oil type and amount

tony_adrian

Level 2
First name
Tony_Adrian
My neighbor just picked up a 7045 with 900 hours. He is trying to figure out injector oil specs.

An owner's/operator manual would be helpful if anyone has a source.

Any help is appreciated.

Tony

just engine oil.
Dont know if 7045 already has the new style injector pump which is force lubricated by the engine oil pump, but if its the old type which needs separate oil fill: on the back are two screws. one is a drain, the one 2cm above it is a level, top it up till it drops out of this level plug.

If the pump has been dry for a long time, throw it full and let the excess leak out of the breather, it may take a week or three but the pump on my 3011 runs like new again ;)

If its rusted inside and stuck, fill with diesel first, then run it a day and then drain the rusty fuel and top up with oil.

Much obliged Renze. The pump seems to work fine - the new owner just wants to systematically change all of the fluids. Since there is no dipstick or label he was sort of stuck.

Tony

Hey Renze,

My neighbor is only getting around to addressing the pump issue now. He filled the pump's reservoir with the correct amount type of oil and ran it. The #3 injector is not delivering fuel. Is your advice the same - refill with diesel and let it run for a while?

Thanks again,

Tony

The old style pump has a hatch on the side: open it and pry the fuel injection element loose.
Be careful not to damage it, but the element is supposed to return by spring pressure. They sometimes get stuck in upper position.

Jerking the governing rod whilst fully topped up with diesel, is the first thing to try.
I never actually pried on the injection elements itself, just loosened it by jerking the governing rod on a running engine, through the governor inspection hatch. So apply sensible force, i havent ever tried how much these elements can take. (guess its ok though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back