• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7245 Clutch problem

jammy100

Level 2
First name
parishjim
I have 7245 1989. i changed the master cylinder and if pumped the clutch it would work for a while then pump again the same. i just changed the slave cylinder and bled it well and got same problem for a few minutes then the clutch went hard and when pressed then the piston came out of the new slave cylinder. is this likely to be a bigger problem with the clutch maybe or is there something else. thanks

Hi,

When the piston comes right out it is usually because the thrust bearing has siezed and worn right through the release levers. Have a look through the side plate, but sounds like it has to be split.

Mike

Thanks ill try that. How long does it usually take to split and put back together. i have all the tools for doing it.

once saw a bloke do a 8011 clutch in about 3 hours.... but he knew exactly what he was doing:)....

we used to do a 3011 or 4712 clutch in 4 hours. 7245 has a cab and power steering, which makes it a lot more awkward to get to the bolts, and the extra steering linkage tht has to be removed...

Hi

I usually do them in about 5 hours on my own if everything goes well. Takes a bit longer if you have to reseal the gearbox input. All the parts for the clutch assy are available separately.

Mike

Mike, we did it in 4 hours with an extra pair of hands to hand over a wrench, or hold the beer ;)

Simon, would you please stop flooding the forum with your request for tractor sales ?? Or at least take them to where they belong, the classified ads section ? I the past 5 minutes i have moved several of your advertisements to the correct section. Its kinda rude to jump into any discussion with the question if anyone wants to sell a tractor.

Renze

Users who are viewing this thread

Back