• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7245 Right Front Wheel Problem

valley7245

Level 1
First name
Valley7245

Machinery:
Zetor 7245
Two part question
If I look at a 7245 front wheel Drive diagram, there is a part identified as # 10, it is called a "Bleeder Cap" (part # 6745-3267), what does it bleed, does it come off ?

Also, the inside of the right front drive wheel disk (side closest to tractor body) over the winter has become coated with a thin layer of oil (not much but some), would this be from the failure of part # 97 4041 (the Gufero Gp 150x180x15) and associated felt liners, etc. ?
Is it difficult to repair, or am I looking at a visit to the dealership!

Thanks in advance, for reading this, and providing input
Valley7245

I havn't got a 7245 parts book, but i would think that what you refer to as a bleeder is in all probability the breather, just unscrew it and make sure you can blow through it, if not clean it.
I wouldn't worry about a slight dampness around the front axle seal, but if it is actually leaking then you'll have to replace it. They are usually damaged by either long straggly grass in haymaking time or the thin blue string off round bales !!

if it leaks just a little, keep filling it up untill the rubber goes back to its place. sometimes a rubber lip gets disturbed when dry and leaks untill it is soaked with oil again, then seals the leak over time... ;)

Thanks for the tip DaveP, and Rentze.
I removed part #6745-3267, it appears to be a breather cap, that was very dirty. Cleaned it up (soaked in some diesel fuel, used compressed air to blow it clean). The shaft was full of grease, and the part of the front wheel support that it screwed into is also full of grease?
If it is a breather cap, should not the passage be clear, so that air will be allowed to enter?

Thanks in advance, for reading and responding

Valley7245

When you say the shaft is full of grease, do you mean that the axle housing from the differential has grease in it ?
If so that is seriously wrong. it should have EP 90 gear oil because it also lubricates the diff. gears.
It is probable that the wheel reduction hub has a self collapsing gear grease in it such as castrol alpha -gel or a OO grade gear grease, since that was always used if there was a problem with seals that was recurring. factory filling was 90 oil.

My poor description of what I found may have lead us off course.
The reduction hubs, both LH and RH are lubricated with SAE 80W90 gear oil - althought I did have to top up the RH one this spring.
What I see in both the shafts of the LH and RH bleeder caps is a grease type substance that at todays temperature would prevent any air from entering the system. I guess I was suprised at what I found ?

Thanks in advance for reading and responding,
Valley7245

Its probably oil mixed with dust you are seeing. try cleaning it out with a small screwdriver or similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back