• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7245 starting

robertjohnson

Level 2
First name
Robert Johnson
Hi me again

I am having trouble starting this tractor. It has a new battery. I use the pump on the side of the tractor to pump diesel in. tried doing it just twice, three times up to 20 times on differemt occasions it just runs the battery flat! Any ideas?

Rob

dirt in the fuel line. Blow it back with an air comrpessor untill you hear loud bubbles...

Take the screw cap off the tank first, or the compressed air will force all the diesel out, when you pull the blowing pistol out of the fuel line.... ;)

We find it's always a good idea to fill the diesel tank after work, on our tractor, despite having changed all the flexible pipes , if you leave it overnight with less than half a tank for some reason air gets in and you have to pump up the fuel. When pumping you can tell when its ready to start because you can hear the low pressure relief valve on the end of the injector pump start to quietly hiss.
If you read back on this forum you will see that some people have fitted electric fuel pumps to avoid having to do this.

Full on the hand throttle and pump till you hear the hissing , sometimes 5 -25 times, works every time with my 7245 ;) ,no hissing no start :mad: , .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back