• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7245 Tachometer

valley7245

Level 1
First name
Valley7245

Machinery:
Zetor 7245
If my tachometer works, and my hour meter does not clock any hours . I have determined from reading responses that I should replace part number 5911 5725 if I have three wire system (works with "non electronic tachometer"), or part number 6245 5708 if I have a two wire system (works with "electronic tachometer").

My question becomes what do I have - tachometer has no indication that it is "electronic", but I have two wires leaving the front of the engine block, and a condensor connected at the same point ?

Thanks in advance, Vallley7245

Replace the sensor on the front of the timing case & all will be well again

What clock ?
The tachometer, is showing engine RPMs - thus should I not assume the sensor (or revolution counter is functioning)? Where do I find the clock on the tractor, and in the parts catalog ?
Thanks in advance,
Valley7245

The sensor on the timing cover has 3 wires connected to it one is the earth connection, one connection senses for the tahco & the last drives the hour meter

The sensor on the timing cover has 3 wires connected to it one is the earth connection, one connection senses for the tahco & the last drives the hour meter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back