• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7245 Temperature/fuel gauge too low and charging lamp glows

thijsgeurts

Level 2
First name
Bigboy
A friend of me has an 7245 with the following issue:
- temp gauge indication too low
- fuel gauge too low
- charging lamp glows
lamp and gauges fluctuate a little with a frequency of approx 1 Hrtz.

Battery charging is oke: voltage is arround 14.3 V with running engine and stays charged: no problem in this area.

I think there is something wrong with the dashboard power supply. I remember from my car experience that a separate voltage regulator is supplying the gauges and other dashboard equipment. I suspect this thing to be broken, however while investigating the bottom side of the dashboard, I was not able to locate anything which looks like a dashboard voltage regulator, except for the voltage regulator of the generator.

Does anybody recognize the issue or knows where to find this dashboard voltage regulator? Copy of an electrical diagram would be very helpful as well.

Thanks up front for any help .

regards

Is the sympton the same with the engine running and stopped? When running the engine dose the pulsing change with different r/m?
Hazze

Symptom as described is with running engine. Pulsing is constant, independent of engine r/m. When engine is off and "ignition" is switched on the charging lamp does not glow.

I think you have a problem with the charging relay or minus connection to the chassie. The charging lamp will have its minus connecion via the relay when not running. The pulsing might be caused by a defect relay. The carging current might also pulsing however hard to se if you not using an analog meter.
Hazze

Issue is solved! Interrupt in a cyaan collored cable. This cable is the 12V connection to the gauges and the charging lamp.
Hazze, thanks for your reply, it somehow triggered me.

btw, the setup of the electrical diagram appears a little strange to me, I got the impression from it that the above mentioned cable should be connected to the chassis :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back