• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7745 veering to the left.

P

Paddy

Hi,

My 7745 seems to have developed a nasty intermittant habit as follows. When doing road work, I can drive along no problems for maybe 20 to 25 minutes when suddenly the tractor veers to right. At the same time the sound of the engine seems to change almost as if a certain amount of load has been taken.

It seems like the power steering pump suddenly changes pressure and I get this sudden shift to the right. It is not a major move to the right but it dose give me a fright every time it happens.

Dose anyone have any ideas what could be causing this.

Paddy

Hy p.
If you lift the front of the 7745 up with running engine.
does the front wheels stay nice in the middle? If they don't, ajust
the power steering cylinder on the side of the tractor.

Hello Paddy,
No I don't have any experience of this but it would seem to be an oil temperature related effect, perhaps the steering ram demand valve needs to be stripped down and cleaned/inspected for debris/wear. ???Renze, where are you?:(
Best
MJC

Paddy
Weve had this problem with our 7245 which would have same 4wd front axle as yours.
Driving along steering would suddenly veer to the right every few miles, very unnerving.
It turned out to be wear in the kingpin in the centre of the 4wd axle which holds the axle onto the frame in the front.
Stand on front of the tractor and get someone to turn the steering wheel so the wheels turn .
If you see the kingpin moving about there is wear and should be changed asap.
Once we had ours changed steering was perfect after that
Regards
Robert bradley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back