• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

8011 clutch adjustment

Australia brenten5

Level 2
First name
smash n machine
Gday again, I have recently put a new clutch plate in my 8011 although I didn't replace the pressure plate or anything else cause I'm a tight ass and as it is I can change gears fine, not perfect but fine, but I have the long adjustment nut screwed right up on the pedal along with the I assume clutch brake maxed out as well, my worry is it might start grabbing and making it almost impossible to change gears was wondering if there is another adjustment I have missed?

As long as you have around 30mm free play on the pedal and the transmission brake is not too tight you will be OK.

Still having a little bit of trouble with my clutch, it's still maxed out in adjustment, hasn't really been a problem cause most of the time I just plod around at idle doing whatever and it's east enough to change gears like that but when it came to bailing with it for the first time in many many years it was really difficult to change gears at high rpm almost impossible really just kept grinding had eventually to slow it down to idle to get moving again, I'm sure this isn't normal, I'm thinking I didn't have the bolts on the release on the clutch wound out far enough when I reassembled it?

Are the 8011s gearbox synchromesh? My 12145 wont let me change gears on the go unless I mesh them in like an old roadranger.

synchro was optional on the 12145 as well as 40kmh. 8011 never had either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back