• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

8145 loader lifting problem

marty007

Level 2
First name
marty007
hi all, the front loader on my 8145 just about lifts a bale of sileage, it wont lift it on idle but if reved up a good bit it will lift it very slowely,

i though this would be due to wear in hydraulic pump so i replaced it, it improved it a bit but still no where near the speed and ease it should lift it with, does anyone know what else could cause this problem ? are there pressure valves somewhere that need to be set ?

many thanks in advance for your help

marty :)

maybe the bales are heavy.bales of silage can weight up to around 800 kg. i have a claas baler ,last year some silage was very wet,the man that does the transporting for me often lifts the back wheels of his forterra off the ground.

no the wait of the bales are not the problem because i used an old massey and connected the loader up2 it and it lifted the bales with ease ! are there any valve settings that may need to be changed ?

best thing to do with that is from the pump... pipe it to loader first then loader return to the pipe from the pump to the back end ..either that or lift the lid off the back end and set the relief valves up a bit and make sure the control box is ok does it tip trailers ok ??

tks for reply gav, can you explain a bit better the way you say to pipe it, does this mean i have to change pipe setup from the way it is now ? are there many valves to adjust if i take the lid off it ?

Hi,

Before you get too carried away, check the pressure at the trailer connection quick release couplings. If your loader has its own spool bank it will have a relief valve there too.

Mike

yes mike is right stick a pressure gauge on to the spool first to see if its the relief valve in the back end...if it reads between 2200 psi and 2800 psi then try the loader spool valve ...should read the same at the lift coupling on the loader spool as the rear spool ..if not then it could be the relief valve or a knackered spool valve for the lift on the loader they do wear abit on older loaders ...when you used the mf as a sorce for the test lift did you just back up to rear end of the zetor and plug the pressure pipe and return into the mf or just plumb it in on the lift pipe on the loader lift ram at the spool block ..if you did the 1st then your relief valve should be ok on the loader spool block ......check the filters for the pump down on the side of the gear box near to the pump if its low pressure ..just in case they are clogged ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back