• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

8145 vs 8245......

woodbeef

Level 2
First name
Woodbeef
Ok guys what if any differences are there between these two? Is one a better tractor then the other?

Hey Woody,

They seem to be much the same tractor except maybe in the cabs and on the bonnets.
Either one would make a nice addition!

an 8245 has a nice big cab.
an 8145 has room for a driver, a dog and two sheep...

Hey Doc,

So now you're saying the cab on the 81 is bigger than the 82????

Yes the 8145 has the old classic Crystal command room.
The 8245 has a new cab that is smaller in width and length.

Hi

Well sorry to tell you this but here in the uk we had three cabs on the crystals,
The big command cab on the 8011s/8045s
Duncan cab around about 87 on the 8111/8145 and onwards
then in about 89/90 the 8211/8245 onwards had the zetor /zts cab as showed on crystalmans 8245 in the photo gallery

Hey guys,
Isn't the biggest diff. the gear box.
the 8145 has a non syncr. box and with the 8245 the 4 main gears are syncronized
Why were there diff. cab's put on a crystal in england or ireland ?

In England the 7045 also had a different bonnet...

Synchronisation, yes.. i forgot that... We dont have too many Crystals around here, 8045 or 16245 but nothing inbetween..

If you think about it: the 6718 had a synchronised 4th and 5th speed in 1972. The UR2 in 1990... I agree that on a Crystal, synchromesh wasn't as essential as on old Fords or Deutz, because without synchro, an experienced driver shifts them easier than an old synchro Ford (needed a strong arm on those Fords..:sneaky:)
I am told the Crystal was never updated in 19 years because Ursus never wanted to change anything, and the parts were used on boith Zetor and Ursus. In the ZTS days, they improved them in two generations after 2 years....

Does you're 6718 got a syncronized 4-5 gear !!!
Here in belgium the first zetor with a sync. tranny was the 9 serie we had a 6945 bought in '78 it was a damn good and strong tractor.

Here in the UK we had to wait for the 0 series for syncro on 4th & 5th gears (6045 & 7045) 2nd & 3rd syncro was not availible untill 6340 & 7340 series.

well apart from the cab and synco box bonnet slightly different better electrics (just) batterys out on the steps instead of inside the cab by the gearsticks, quieter cab slightly better visability the 9245 was just a update over the 9145. nothing much changed. i have a 9145 and a 10245 and i would still rather drive the 9145 over the 10245 as its more of a challange.

Synchro on 4 and 5 was optional on the 6718..
The first owner that bought this 6718 new wanted synchro, but didn't order the powersteerring.... If it had, i would put the front loader on it real soon... The front axle of our Deutz D50 breaks apart real soon, i'm afraid..

In the UK I think we got the Duncan cab to make the x145 UR2 range more attractive to UK buyers.It is a very nice place to be in aswell.It is also good for Zetor as you can fit more tractors on the ship if they are cabless!!
My 8245 aswell as having synchro has a 40k top gear and I think only the very last 8145s had this.It was an option on the turbo models for a couple of years though.My 8245 also has the 24v starting system with the relay under the seat that they previously only fitted to the 6 cylinder models.The ZTS cab is also pretty good,but the build quality is a bit patchy-there is not a lot of paint on it and some of the welding is not very tidy.But if you get a good one and look after it you will be happy.It also has a heated rear window! I have been told that the original maker of the ZTS cab went bust so parts may not be as obtainable as the earlier Command cab or the Duncan cab.I could not get a new roof for mine even though I was given a price by the zetor dealer so I had one made from scratch by a fabricator.He did a very good job so I will get him to make me some new Steps and battery boxes for it soon.

Crystalman, i think you will find that the 24 volt starting was on the *245s from the start. I had on of the first 9245s in the country i would think when i worked on the farm. That had the relay under the seat and that was an august 1990 reg tractor H342 UYA i seem to remember( i think). It also had the slow synco box in it and the heated back window and rear wiper.

After some trouble, we bought a relais and put another battery on our C-385 A Ursus. (the Polish 8045)
We got the 24V (Bosch ?) starter engine from a local truck wrecker, i think to remember...

Hi William,I don't think they put the 24v system on the 4 cylinder Duncan cab 8145/9145 though did they? My 8245 is also one of the earliest ones,also H reg.Going by the serial number it is number 277 off the line and the engine is number 238 of the type used.I wouldn't mind one of the silver Limited Edition 9245's as seen on the Gallery!
steve.

Hi steve,

No my 9145 is 12 volts, anyhow you could have a silver one just respary it silver (lol). Still nice weather we are having today. Anyhow got to go doing a night shift on the side of the moterway digging trial holes. GGGreattttttt Fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back