• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

At My Wits End with 3320 UR1

ftr

Level 2
First name
FTR
A few days ago I went out and fired up my 2000 3320, no big deal except when I was starting out to the pasture it died, and would not restart. So now it is sitting in front of the barn and still not starting. I have taken the fuel pump apart and cleaned it, I know I am getting fuel up to the jets, I can watch it squirt out from the lines. Replaced the pump and reprimed it, changed fuel filters. Checked the clutch safety switch, bypassed it. Replaced key switch, and fuses, and replaced the relay box under the left side of the dash.

I could not find was how the glow plugs get power, but hey it may not have them, never have heard of a diesel before not having them. So does anyone know how they get power? I could not see a push / pull solenoid on the fuel system.

So help ! I am at a complete lost now on why this thing will turn over and over, but not start. Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Did you open the sight jar and clean it and put new diesel filter and bleed up the system.

The easiest way to start that again, is to have two people, one in the cab trying to start it, while the other is pumping the diesel hand pump. Open the bleeding screw on the filter and use the hand pump to try getting it to fire up, then tighten the screw and keep pumping the diesel

thank you for the information, yes I have redone the pump, and it is primed. When I try to start it up I can see fuel pumping out of the lines (little squirts, I am guessing that is what it is supposed to do.) Does anyone know if there is supposed to be power going to the glow plugs?

Does your tractor have glow plugs? the earlier models didn't have them, Did you check that the stop linkage on the back of the injector pump is not stuck in the off position?

ok after all this time (about a week now) I found the problem, it was the starter that was going bad. I guess it was just not spinning the engine fast enough. Now the throttle is stuck to the open position, but that is another problem, I may have connect the linkage incorrectly when I reconnected it. will work on it today to solve that problem.

Usually when a starter is gone poor, it won't turn over at all and act like the battery is dead even if you had 20 batteries it will still sound like there's not enough power.

One carbon brush not in contact with the collector gives exactly the same symtom as a bad battery. The starter turns very slowly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back