• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

bleeding brakes 6711 SOLVED

grumpy6711

Level 2
First name
grumpy

Machinery:
hi all, could someone point in the direction of any bleed valves on my 6711?
i have a handbook and an operators manual but in neither is it mentioned.
had the tractor for a year or so now and the brakes worked, (well one did;) ) but this week needed to tow heavy trailer down a steep hill so thought i'd have a tinker. i found that the two pedals were seized on the shaft together, so freed them off and greased up.
left pedal works fine , right goes to floor. topped up fluid and it improved a bit but cannot find bleed valves. are they hidden away inside somewhere?
under normal slow moving load, brakes work (ish) but under heavy load, pedal jumps and judders then drops to floor! panic!
any clues?
cheers

bleed valves are on top of the rear axles. its an 11mm (i think, it could also be 9mm but odd anyways) pipe which needs some care not to break it off: then you'll have to pull the axle.

so would i be right in thinking that there are no separate bleed valves, but the bleeding is done at the union where the brake pipe enters the axle housing? cant see anything else???
thanks

No its right next to it.

If you're not familiar with it, take off the rear wheel of one side, once you know where it is you can do the other side by feel.

Hi, from memory bleeding the brakes on 6711 is done where pipe goes into half axle housing. There should be a bleed screw peeping up alongside pipe union. Might be handier for you to remove
rear wheel if track set narrow, however can be done without removing the wheel although it can be a bit fiddly. Bleed screw from memory is a 9mm spanner size.Sounds like you need master cylinder seal.

dank u wel renze,
just went out and had a poke around and found 'em. there's a cab on mine so not visible with a normally articulated neck!
and then i come back in and dozer confirms the same.
thanks guys, spanners out tomorrow ;)
SOLVED...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back