• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

blue smoke 5340

big_orn

Level 2
First name
Big Orn
??? I was told that the 3 point lift on my Zetor only raises about 12 inches. I have tried everything to make it lift more to no avail. The other tractors I've owned lifted anywhere from 18" to 24". Is there anyway to more travel on this thing?

12 inches/30 centimeter) is ridiculous !! our 5245 lifts more than two feet/ 55 cm.

What happens if you hold the lever in upper position till the lift stops raising ?? sometimes, the valve shuts by vibrations, and the lever gets back. You can adjust the spring tension with a buolt on the lever, underneath the cab. put the lever in lowest position to reach it from behind.

I put it in the farthest (most high) position and keep it there by hand and it just stops. It does shudder a little at the end but then it stops.
So, the adjustment bolt/screw is under the cab? Does it rotate on a shaft? How do I know where to set it?

No, the bolt runs through the center of the coil spring, adding pressure to the lever to achieve friction.

You can also change the lift arm geometry, put the arms into another pinhole ??

..But i dont think adding more tension to the friction spring will increase lifting height, if you cant lift higher by holding the lever in place manually...

Hey, when the lever is up, you cant push ahrder and get it more backwards ?? Our 5245 lifts smooth on the first, lower end, but then you have to push harder on the lever, and you can hear that the oil pump has to work harder in the upper end than in the lower end.

The 5245 had this when we bought it 4 years ago, i think the Zetormatic weight transfer system valve is the bad boy, because the ploughing control doesn't work, lever is stuck as a house.

On the older ones, we never had trouble. The 6718 lifts like a dream, very easy and accurate Zetormatic control. I havent opened a lift cover myself yet, so i cant really help you if it's inside.....:(

Could it be low on fluid? I checked the level (on the floorboard, beside the shifter) and it read FULL. Is there another place to add fluid for the lift? ?????? Just a thought.

Heh, on the old forum, you can read from a guy who had an intermittent hydraulic failure on his 8011: He added oil to the upper limit. After some time, he compared his dipstick to the dipstick of another 8011 and found out that his was shorter, causing a difference in oil level of 20 liters !!!!

Too much oil will not be very harmful, try adding more oil and see if it works...

Will do. I will also try to see if that lever is being obstructed in some way. Will let you know.

Added more fluid - no help :( Did see that the previous owner had wired back the lever next to the PTO lift lever. It is wired all the way back. What's that all about? And what is that lower lever down at the bottom on the floor on the right side of the seat?

The small round foot pedal is the differential lock.
The small lever on the right, parallel to the PTO lever (same size), is the high/low gear range selector.

Ahh, you mean that lever... That's an oil flow regulator, you can obstruct the oil flow with it, to get a smaller oil flow when necessary.

Okay, there are two levers, side by side. One lifts the 3 point hookup, the other??????????. Then there's another lever (not on the floorboard) next to those other two levers but down lower right at the bottom of the seat. What are they and what do they do?

MAN - [smiley=surprised] Do I need that manual !!

Does the lift recycle constantly when it's up? Our one does a little, this is caused by the lift ram seals leaking. I will change them one day but I hear it's an akward job. ???

No, it does not recycle and is in real good shape, just does not travel but about 10" to 12":sneaky:

As for this post, I hope someone can explain why I have to constantly adjust my lift arms for every attachment!!:eek: Surely they made this thing with more travel!:censored: Anyway I will keep looking for the problem and if anyone out there has an idea - please post. Until then I will be lurking just around the corner and maybe they will have my owner's manual in. They have had a hard time finding one for my model.

hmm.. where have you ordered your manual ?? hard time finding one for a regular model..???

Big Orn,

[shadow=gray,120]"Okay, there are two levers, side by side. One lifts the 3 point hookup, the other?".[/]
>> I'm not that familiar withthe 5211 but here are my thoughts:[/]

>>> If this is a two position lever that spring returns to center, it is the built in hydraulic spool valve.[/]

[shadow=gray,120]"Then there's another lever (not on the floorboard) next to those other two levers but down lower right at the bottom of the seat. What are they and what do they do?"[/]>>> Zetormatic 3 point linkages have three positions - draft, position and mixed. This could be the cause of your problem- try moving this lever and see what effect it has on the lift.[/]

Yes, Tom, I know the lever you are talking about and was told NOT to move that lever. I was skeptical because why would they have put the lever on there if we weren't meant to use it! I will give it a try this weekend. Thanks.

Hey Big Orn - on my Crystal - if the lift is say at the half way point, moving this lever causes the lift the drop. Sounds a lot like your problem. Hope things work out for you this weekend.

Yes, if you have the lever in fully lifted position, and push it down right to the opposite position, you dont notice that the lever is already over it's dead point and will operate the valve to lift again, in lowest position...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back