• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

blue smoke 5340

Yea, I think I understand, but why would that guy tell me to NEVER move that lever? What was he thinking? Could it be because the Loader is hooked up directly to the pump? Anyway, I am ;) going to play with that lever and see what happens. Thanks, men.

Hey Big Orn,

Have you had any success with your lift?

I would try,as suggested before, and move that outermost lever to P, M or D and see if the lift will raise higher. P=position, M= mixed and D =draft.

Also there is a lever to the rear of the hitch control levers, this lever adjusts the oil flow to the 3 point. You might try moving this lever as well. Lever to the left more oil to the 3pt, to the right less. If your Zetor is equipped with a rear remote valve, moving this lever to the right diverts more oil flow to the remote outlet.

Yea, I did move it to no avail. I called the nearest Zetor dealer who got in the wrong manual . I would hate to mess up something in the hydraulic system since the loader is hooked up direct (it had no shutoff except for the main pump). I moved the other levers too, but without the manual on how the hydraulics work I might not have moved them in the right sequence. Will let you know ASAP.

Reprints of Zetor Shop Manuals available from:
www.tractor-manuals.com
They are based here in the UK.I have manuals for each of my Zetors.They are copies of the factory manuals.You just need to be able to understand the Czech- English translation that the factory use in their manuals!
Re your hitch: The pick up hitch isn't preventing the arms going all the way up is it? Usually Zetors either work or they don't.They never half work!
Steve.

The lift works fine, it just doesn't have the travel I need. I don't think the lift arms are the cause - I can completely remove them and the lift does not change. As soon as I get that manual maybe I can explain better. And thanks for the link I will give that a try.

Try turning the control lever around,I had the same problem on my 5211.If you remove the guard with the three solts in it,that is the one that all the levers stick up through.You will see were it mounts to the control shaft.unbolt it and flip it over.this allows the lever to travel backwards farther. this cured mine.

Try turning the control lever around,I had the same problem on my 5211.If you remove the guard with the three solts in it,that is the one that all the levers stick up through.You will see were it mounts to the control shaft.unbolt it and flip it over.this allows the lever to travel backwards farther. this cured mine.

Good point - I've not tried that! :D

I'll do that and post the results.

Thanks again, noursead!! ;)

While changing the cylinder sleeve o-rings last year I got the cylinders honed and installed new piston rings. After 150 hours there's less, but still a lot of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe.
The oil level doesn't drop and the smell iof the exhaust isn't that typical burnt motor motor oil smell(we had a tractor that burnt a lot of oil and the smell was nasty). This is my first zetor so I don't know how a normal healthy zetor should run. Other than that it runs really smooth and has lots of power so I don't know if I should be concerned or not.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Dave

Hi Dave

Just wondering what kind of work the tractor is doiing ? With a newly rebuilt engine it needs putting into fairly hard work for a while to bed the rings in so that it doesn't glaze the bores.
If you're just idling it round a yard that may be why it is smoking - give it some hard work.
Did you put the correct head gaskets on ? Use the 1.2mm ones.
What oil are you using ? Modern universal oils are too good for Zetor engines as they have too many additives so that they suit most applications. If you can get it, use a straight 30 grade oil. If not use a 15W40 diesel engine oil.

Mike

I can't figure out why my post got inserted into someone else's post.weird!!
I made a point of really giving the engine some work and working through the rev range while the rings were seating.
I changed the oil(regular old 15w40) after some break in time and then the tractor spent the summer cutting and baling hay.It wasn't idling around but I guess it wasn't really the heaviest of work either.
I'll make sure to do some discing or cultivating with it this spring.
Thanks for the reply, I think you're probably right about the rings not being seated properly,time will tell I guess.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back