• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Brakes bound 12145

farmerdave

Level 2
First name
Farmerdave
Pushed my foot right in on the right hand turning brake and it's stuck on what should I do?

Reverse. Mostly it unsticks when you reverse a few meters. Or else pry it up on the lever on the rear axle.

Do you know if it's a common problem I'm just looking in the workshop book nOw

Thanks

you should be able to see the adjuster at the back. on the axle . some had two nuts there either 19mm or 22mm tip that back gently towards front of tractor . you could back of adjuster a bit. not to much or the cylinders will pop out . which i have done .. the cylinders could be a bit rough inside . no big deal to replace and cheap. try bleeding them and putting some fresh fluid in them first.. sure see how you get on

Thanks for the quick replies!

I found the two 19mm adjusting nuts and wound them out so the locking but was flush with the end of the thread, then bang, the brakes came off! I'd say there's a touch of rust in there somewhere from lack of use, as it had been sitting for about 2 or more years in a shed

Will look into new brake linings for it, was quite daunting coming up to a roundabout pumping on the brakes and nothing happening, good thing it has a handbrake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back