• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Chance to buy Zetor 6211

nigma

Level 1
First name
Raymond Fowler
Hi,
I've been looking around Huntsville, Texas for a good used tractor. I found out today about a used Zetor 6211, approx. 1990 year model. I'm out the door soon to go look at it, but I can't run it until this weekend. I haven't found out much about a 6211 except for specifications. I was hoping someone could give me a personal experience with this tractor. The dealer says that the brakes are acting up, and from other posts I assume that many Zetors have this same problem. It's the brake and clutch master cylinder right? They are asking $3750.00 for it, which is in my price range, but I am looking for a reassurance, or a warning regarding this tractor. Any help is much appreciated.

Update:
I looked at the tractor. It is a 1991 Zetor 6211 and has obviously been kept outdoors for 14 years. Cosmetically it is rough; nothing a little paint can't cure. The rear tires are about 85%, and the front are about 30%. 1434 hours on the meter, which I can't be sure works yet. The controls are a bit confusing, and it will take practice to get 'em right. Overall seems sound, and I may be interested in buying it this weekend. Still would like an opinion on it though. How much do the master cylinders usually run, and is there a particular brand to buy? Are new seats easy to find; will a generic seat work? Where would be a good place to find an owner's manual on it? Thanks for anyone who can help me out on this.

:cool: Ray: the price sounds acceptable for what the guy is presenting. The 6211 is tough in it's class.

As for the front tyres, why worry? Cheap to buy new ones, as they are not a funny size. With the brake/clutch master cylinder thing, just get the new ones from a Zetor dealer. After-markets can be found, but too much fooling around. See that the parts are still wrapped in their cheesecloth and foul-smelling goo, this tends to keep them young.

When installing and bleeding, one noices the access plate on LHS foot rest . Once that's off take out the cover in bell housing (if there is one), peer in take a gander at the clutch assy. itself for reassurance. If the brake friction parts are worn out, that's a fairly big job too.

Try to forget the hourmeter everything's relative, no? Paint just like you say NO problem. Important however to examine the injection pump. Guess how much the hot-rod types have been monkeying with it. Any seat will fit the tractoru, question is will it fit you?

Service/parts manuals are easy to get, T.Z. at Zetor Forum probably has hooked you in to El Paso. As for the books' content in terms of being useful in the field, don't get your hopes up.

Other than that, if you go for it, make sure NOT to baby it.

J.W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back