• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

changing engine oil on 5411

donte

Level 1
Near Boerne , Tx in the center of the HILL COUNTRY
First name
Donte

Machinery:
Zetor 5211 with Westendorf loader and BushHog 236 shredder. Due to a broken back, my equipment has been in my tractor shed for too long; however new parts are arriving and physical update help has started.
Boy this makes me feel dumb, but I find the dip stick and crankcase drain plug on my 5411....but not sure where the engine oil filter is located and how to put in new oil. I dont see a oil filler cap. I ordered a Operator's manual but the pictures are not clear. This baby needs love and I'm trying to make up for the previous owners abuse. Thanks

Well, it's actually a 5211 with a 3 cyl engine. Now I know why nobody responded. I see that 4cyl have a filler cap and a cenrifugal oil filter in plain sight.

I see several filters, but not sure which is for engine oil etc. I understand it will need to be taken apart and cleaned, but I'm a little afraid to just start taking pulling off stuff until I know what it is.....and where the heck to I put in the new engine oil.

I read all past posts to see if this issue has been adressed before, but suppose I'm the only one who didnt figure it out.

Well, Im not sure about a 5211 but on a 7211 the oil filter is a little to the left and under the alternater. It is housed in a dome shaped container with a single bolt at the top which in my 7211's case has an allen key head.

The oil filler cap is directly behind the alternater, up high.

I'm sure someone with a 5211 will be able to tell you for sure.

Good Luck

Dev, thanks for the reply.

I did find the filler tube on the hinge side of the bonnet, instead of the side with the dipstick....looks like I either remove the side panel of the engine compartment on that side...or find a long flexible funnel to add the engine oil.. I have a front loader that was keeping me from seeing it at first.

I see a single dome type filter and a unit with side by side filters and what appears to be a crankcase vent tube coming down between them. I hear it is a two stage filter on this model, so I'm guessing these are the ones I need to clean.

Can someone confirm that for me?

I'll never know as much as you guys, but maybe I can quit pestering you before long. Many thanks to all

HI

You'll have 2 filter canisters on the R/H side of the engine quite low down. They have little gauze discs in them which you wash out in diesel or cleaning fluid. Use a flexi funnel to re-fill with oil.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back