• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Cleaning Air Filter on 5211

big_orn

Level 2
First name
Big Orn
Anybody did a complete air filter cleaning for their Zetor without going through too much hassle. I have the front end loader frame running alongside the cal and can't get to the air cleaner but from the front. Do I have to remove the whole cannister to give it a thorough cleaning or is there another way?

I gave my air filter a major overhaul last year. I used a hoover (vaccum cleaner ) to suck the dirt out of the filter. There were several holes in the metal of the air fitler metal cannister which I filled with mastic. sealed it great! Works super - feel that suction! - nice , cool, clean air to the engine.

Tom.

Thanks, Tom. Good idea. What I'm having trouble with mainly is getting that large oil bath cannister out. Can you unbolt it and pull it from the top. I can't get toit from the side because of the loader frame.

Hi Big Orn,

I should have mentioned that my air filter is on an 8011 Zetor Crystal with a front loader. This is a dry filter. There is adequate room to remove it once the bonnet (hood) is taken off which is a simple matter of removing a couple of bolts.

Ref your problem, can you get access if you lift up your front loader to max elevation?

Tom.

No. The integral frame of the loader is always stationary (it stays attached to the tractor even if the loader is removed) I think I might have to remove the grille, unbolt the oil bath and try somehow to pull it from the top.

Hve you thought of removing the plastic front and side grills by unlocking the twist-locks ?? removing the front grill gives quite some room to get in there.

Yes, I have looked at that, but the Loader frame (6.5 inches wide) prevents me from getting in there even if I do remove them. I don't think the installers of the Loader cared whether anyone got into that area or not!!!:sneaky:

So, if your loader frame gets "Ezee on", will it be as "Ezee" to remove ??;):p

;) Yea - I wish! This thing is made in two parts! One (the bucket and arms with hydraulic hoses) comes off;) - But, the other part, the frame that holds this whole thing on:sneaky:stays on the tractor and it is a PITA to remove!:censored::(

the oil bath is only hold by three clips an can easily be taken out of the front grille. if the tractor has been running with no oil in the oil sump of the filter, only then i would have taken filters out to clean them. as long as oil is there no dirt goes into the filters itself in my 30 years of experience with these tractors.

Hello, I have just changed the Oil and Filter in my 6245. I had to unscrew the hooter(horn), take of the headlights and then unscrew the two bolts holding the frame that the headlamps are held on. It was quite easy and quick, just three bolts. Interestingly the oil in the lower container overflowed when I un-clipped and pulled it down. It was a milky white so I presume rain had drained down the air intake over the years!
Best Wishes,
Rob

begins to sound like its a cut the front bar out of the loader frame with an angle grinder , clean the filter then reinstall the bit of frame , either weld it back in or add a couple of plates to make it a bolt in section.

sometimes you have to remanufacture to overcome bad design

Users who are viewing this thread

Back