• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Cold weather starting

andy_jordan

Level 2
First name
Andy Jordan
Hi all, Now that the weather is starting to cool off here in Canada my 7245 is getting a little reluctant to start. At this rate I hate to think what it will be like come January!! I looked at the manual and found the primer, the manual suggested 3-5 pumps, but that just managed to flood the thing resulting in the same reluctance to start but with the addition of lots of white smoke!!

I checked the foums here and found out about the cold start button (oddly not mentioned in the manual). I have what appears to be a button on the side of the fuel pump, but it doesn't want to move - I can't get much leverage because of teh loader frame, but it doens't look very strong.

So my questions:

1) Which is the preferred cold start method - fuel pump button to adjust the timing, fuel primer, both??
2) Before I try and dismantle and free up this button, am I looking at the right thing?

Thanks,

Andy

ANDY

I BOUGHT A BLOCK HEATER FOR MY ZETRO, AFTERWHICH NEVER HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IF IT WOULD START. MAKE SURE YOU PLUG IT IN A FEW HOURS BEFORE OPERATING THE MACHINE, PRE PLUG IN TIME WILL DEPEND ON WEATER AND IF MACHINE IS OUTSIDE VERSE INSIDE. GOOD LUCK

You probably are looking at the right button - a tiny round one on the front of the fuel pump. You need to open the hand throttle most of the way before it will press in and stay in, otherwise it just springs out. If yours won't move at all it could be stuck :(

I have a heater installed in one of the hoses on mine. The tractor won't start in the winter (I'm in Finland) without a half hour or so of heating...

7245 has an automatic cold start button. So dont doubt teh functioning of your eyes if you didn't find it... ;)

You can adjust the fuel setting of the cold start button in the same way as you "tune it up" for more hp... The extra fuel is only injected at very low starting rpm.

Thanks guys!

I do have a block heater and it appears to work OK, I hadn't used it yet because I really didn't think it would be cold enough yet. Unfortunately the tractor is outside right now - and no cab :sneaky:

I love this machine - it's my first Zetor , but won't be my last - it's rare these days to find something simple enough for me to understand and fix :)

Hi Andy,

I myself am from Canada - Ontario, where abouts are you in Canada?

Dominic

Oh yes, the virtual cab - I'll remind myself of that every time I shovel snow off the seat this winter!!

Dominic, I'm in Ontario too - Perkinsfield on Georgian Bay (right in the lake effect snow shadow!!) north of Barrie, west of Midland / Penetanguishene.

I too am in Canada - Montreal - and the block heater has worked fine - until now!

However it appears my block heater is no longer working. Has any one changed out theirs. Is is just a matter of unscrewing it and putting in a new one or is it a dealer operation to replace?

Appreciate any expertise on how to replace my block heater on a 7745.

Many thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back