• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Dodgy electrics in a 5211

sreid446

Level 2
First name
The chekoslovakian Kid
Anyone know the wiring colours for a 1987 5211 because i lifted the roof off it to try to get the fan working but all the colours arnt the normal ones(eg red=live etc...).?????????
does anyone have a wiring diagram to suit it or even tell me what colour is what.
all help is greatly apreciated cheers

HI

Most of the fan problems come from poor connections on the fuse box, have you looked here first ? (There are two fuses for the fans). If you take the cab filters out of the front of the cab you can spin the motors, which sometimes gets them going.

Mike

I'm having the same problem with my 7745. I tried spinning the fans, did not work. There is some type of switch/sensor/relay,etc right beside the fan(not the main relay at the edge) that the wires go to just before going to the fan. What is this ? Thanks, juney

i noticed that too and it dosent seem to be doing anything as the voltage is the same going in as out???????

Hi

The part you are asking about is the resistor which controls the different fan speeds. Do the relays click when you operate the fan switch ?
DOUBLE CHECK THOSE FUSES UNDER THE DASH.
If you have power on the output side of the resistor and the earth is okay then your fans have had it !!

Good luck

Mike

It ended up being the fuses. I had not checked the top box, did not realize this was also a fuse box. For some reason though, the relays sounded like to me they were clicking/pulling in before I changed the fuses. Thanks. juney

Users who are viewing this thread

Back