• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Forterra 11441

hogi

Level 2
First name
Hogi
I got new Forterra 11441 last friday. Feels like very handy tractor. It is equipped with Front 3-point hitch, AC, adjustable steeringwheel etc.

Who was the contractor who had adjusted the injection pump for extra power? I would like to hear some feelings about that.

So William, how are your forterras doing?

How much have you turned the "screw"? Smoking a lot? Even now (with standard pump) the forterra is smoking pretty much with lower rpm.

If you have adjusted the "screw" and the engine is smoking a lot surely this is a waste of diesel as black smoke = uncombusted hyrdrocarbons?

[glow=green,3]TomZ[/]

Hogi,

What kind of turbo system 11441 has? I know there is intercooler (air to air or air to water?) but is there by-pass? And is the injection pump connected with turbo charger?

I think if 11441 forterra is screwed up to 130 hp you will loose some torque benefits in lower rev value...... unless you dont change bigger capacity turbo charger and mount by-pass valve... but if the turbo is connected with injection pump how this will be noticed with by-pass????

Maybe someone has better techical skills. Im just a farmer....

It would be great if there would be forterra in 130 hp range... that would be something...

The 11441 engine has a air to water intercooler & the injection pump is linked to the inlet manifold to sense turbo boost pressure which injects more fuel when boost pressure is at a raised level.The 11441 turbo has a waste gate to stop excessive boost pressure.
Has Zetor taken this engine to its present hp to give max power/reliabilty?
The problem with turning the screw up is the extra heat developed causing pistons to expand & sieze up or actually burn!
I think that William experienced this problem with his 11441

...I am curious to see the long term results of William's tuned 11441, with the bigger intercooler and lowered compression ratio...

Hi All,

Well i did suffer a slight problem with one of my tweeked 11441s and had to rebuild the engine. We did indeed lower the compression , and we did double the size of the intercooler and fit a fan which blows air though it. We have since retuned it too 135hp and it seems very stable at this level. This has been proved on a dyno and so we will wait and see.
The others have been dyno'ed and are putting 120 down not as much as i thought. The smoke issue is good on the 135hp 11441 as with the bigger cooler and the proper fuel pump set up it seems to run alot cleaner than the other 2. I wouldnt really recomend playing with them as the gains dont really make that much difference as torque seems to be higher up the rev range on the 135hp on and doesnt lug quite so well as the 2 lower tuned ones. However the silage season will be telling i think when i get mowers on them then i think i will see a difference.

Over all i think we will leave them be now and just work them for another12 months and see.

Perhaps the good people here would now answer me a question;

I need to buy 2 mower/conditioners that leave a good cut finish and that are stable and easy to maintain and 3-4 metre cut. My thoughts are J/D so far and also 2 round balers with net wrap.

Have you considered McHale for the round baler?

http://www.mchale.net/

[glow=green,3]TomZ[/]

Elho makes good mowers and decent wrappers, but they dont make balers.... Welger is propably the best baler (heavy built machine and makes good bales) but it is expensive.... really expensive.... If you buy mowers cutting for round balers check that mower has discs in pairs (6,8,10) dont buy mower that has 5,7or9 disc. It works un symmetrical and you dont get good bales..

here in NZ the round baler of choice appears to be the Krone Vp 1500 and 1800. They do great silage bales, as well as hay bales.

Welger is the best in conventional small square bales... Though i dont know if they can make their name come true in round balers.... ?? heard some bad things.

Mowers, we have Vicon making some good mowers. Also Fella, has increased the quality of their products very much, they belong with the best in the market. But they are still attractively priced !

Indeed, Welger had some "not so good" models, but those should nowdays be one part of history..... New Profi models are real round balers.

Claas 250 cct looks good too and price is ok, but bales arent as good as welger do..

Just my opinion.......

Has anyone experience about new JD round bales??? Who makes them for JD or are those their own production?

Well thanks so far, also forgot to ask trailed or mounted mowers which are best, Going to look over the weekend at some websites for mowers and round balers.

Around here, there is a contractor using a smokey 14245 (it must be tuned to somewhere near 180 hp?) with two 3 meter mowers, front and rear. The capacity is incredible, when the folks driving it keep shifting up in long fields, untill all power is used. ....Dont forget, this is a 45 km/h tractor !! ;)

Thats what most contractors here in NZ are doing now, 3m across the front and 2 3 meter or larger mowers on the rear. These guys are mowing 10 - 15 Ha an hour - thats 25 - 40 odd acres an hour!. Most are using big Fendts or JD's - 250Hp and above, and some are burning fuel at the rate of 600L per 40 hectares ( that would be a heavy crop on hills though, generally its about 300L pre 40 ha )

Here in NZ the Pottinger mowers are noted for being the toughest avaliable. Think that their australian made?

Pottinger is an -Austrian- brand, not Australian.
Let me think... Pottinger... That contractor running a 14245 with 3m Vicons front and rear, had a used Steyr 8320 toolcarrier on try, with Pottinger triples... he didn't buy it, other contractors i spoke commented that the Pottinger was unwanted because of poor cutting quality on the outer discs. Pottingers seem to have the two outer discs rotating in the same direction, forming a better swath but giving poor mowing ???

Austrain.. sorry :D

Their popular because their tough I believe. I think that the cut takes second place behind something that will last. We tend to have some rougher land that gets cut around here, so the gear has to last

We run a ts 115 turbo and pottinger 310T extra dry,the mower leaves an great cut finish and a very good square sward (very important for round balers as much of the shape of the bale is due to the sward left my the mower) we find the pottinger very hard to drive this is the only downer we have found with this mower and we had to add a turbo to the ts tractor get most potential out of the mower. My father also has a class rollant 250 roto cut baler now in its 4th season. we are pleased we the baler as produces good shaped and very dense bales weighing in at 900+kg. the baler is also relativly easy to service or change a bearing in. 2 downers with this baler none greasable bearings and very bad netting system. PETE.

I have run a Potty 320 novacat with conditioner on my 6110SE JD ( its wound to 80Hp on the shaft ) and I have no problems on all but the steepest hills with heavy crops. Thats water front and rear plus full front weights on the tractor.

I will admit that the larger 6420S runs it a lot better - from about 15Kmh on the 6110 to about 20 on the 6420 on a smooth paddock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back