• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hand primer on the lift pump of 6045

schuette

Level 2
First name
Zetor Oz
I'm trying to locate the hand primer on the lift pump of my 6045.

Can someone please assist?

How long do you prime it for?

I have a 8DMF 1000CCA battery and have to crank it until battery nearly flat.

Is there another button to push in as well somewhere on the left hand side of engine once you push fuel leaver all
the way up and push starter ?

I'm just trying to work out how you start a 6045 with that much effort.

Thanks

I'm trying to locate the hand primer on the lift pump of my 6045.
How long do you prime it for?
Is there another button to push in as well somewhere on the left hand side of engine once you push fuel leaver all
the way up and push starter ?
The hand primer should be under the injector pump, its round barrel with a steel cap or the new type ones have plastic caps. you can pump as long as you like or till you feel pressure on your hand.
On tractors like the 6911 or older there is a button on the left that could be pressed in when the throttle is fully open, I'm not sure whether a 6045 has one, We had a 7245 and it didn`t have it.

thanks for the info.

what size battery do you use? how many CCA (cold cranking amps)?

The guys I got my tractor from, said he uses easy start spray if its been sitting for 4 days onwards and starts first up. Thats not the solution either. This 6045 shoudl be able to start after a few cranks.

Will the use of a hand primer achieve this in your opinion?

what size battery do you use? how many CCA (cold cranking amps)?
The guys I got my tractor from, said he uses easy start spray if its been sitting for 4 days onwards and starts first up. Thats not the solution either. This 6045 shoudl be able to start after a few cranks.
Will the use of a hand primer achieve this in your opinion?

Using easy start is not the answer long term. you can fit a 622 battery into it but their not any more 1000 cca but I only have an 800 battery in mine own tractor but the weather here never goes down any more than -5 or -6 C,

If you pump the diesel first before you try starting it might help , at least when she turns over it should fire off instead it has to self prime.

I guess my explanation of where the pump was not good but as I said it,s the one with the slender glass bowl on it and as diy farmer says it has a dial disk on top that you turn anti clockwise and pump up and down
While the main pump if it had an excess fuel button its at the radiator side of the diesel pump casing the 18 series zetor and it was all models until they changed to the black chassis series.
Also you do realise this diesel pump is not lubricated by the engine oil and runs on it,s own reservoir .

So in short stand back and look straight at the engine from the diesel pump side primary pump is just under main pump while the cold start button is on the pump side that faces the radiator Oh yea button only works if throttle is open three quarter way so if you think you located the button you can move the throttle right there at the pump and hear the button click.
Ran a lot of zetors and never need easy start from memory only mechanical problems was had to do valve seats they are very good engine.

you probably right but no harm in looking as wonder has the man changed the diesel filters it,s a pity he could not put up a picture of the diesel pump as when you know where it is it is easy to find

you probably right but no harm in looking as wonder has the man changed the diesel filters it,s a pity he could not put up a picture of the diesel pump as when you know where it is it is easy to find

That 6045 must be 37/38 years old now. started lots of times now, great to see them still going, plenty of yokes that age are made into bean cans now.

Aah, yes it's 33years old. I only use it a few hours a week.
Found the hand primer and pumped about 30 times. It then started after about 5 cranks. All good.
Got a mechanic to look at 6045 n check it all out. See what happens.

Found the hand primer and pumped about 30 times. It then started after about 5 cranks. All good.

Aw that's good, 5 turns wouldn`t be back for 33 year old tractor

Comes down to affordability and use.
There are a few zetor down under and yes, old ones too.
I've found that parts are cheaper online from Germany and czech by far.
Prices are 2/3 more expensive hear. However, you can get all the parts too.
Once I have more cash it's time to upgrade.

There a turf contractor near me uses some old Zetors on the bog i.e.2x 6945 and 2x 7045 all seem to be working well

I have a mechanic coming tomorrow to check it over and will have brakes done, fuel filters etc. Crossing all fingers for the best.

I guess my explanation of where the pump was not good but as I said it,s the one with the slender glass bowl on it and as diy farmer says it has a dial disk on top that you turn anti clockwise and pump up and down

The hand pump is the gold shiny thing at the front centre of picture

up in the top left corner is the cold start button oil is only need in part of the pump diesel does the rest that is the filling point for engine oil in to the pump while on the side casing there probably a level plug so open the drain get the old oil which has by now turned to diesel out and fill with new oil.
with that done press the coldstart and should fire straight up.

Got a mechanic to look at 6045 n check it all out. See what happens.

I hope your mechanic finds something easier for you than having to pump the primer 30times every time your going to start it in the future.

Well this is what mechanic is going to fix:
2x fuel filters, head gasket on #2 cylinder, 1x Welsh plug, right side brake cylinder replacing, front right wheel bearings. Replace some fuel hoses plus new battery.
After all that I also replaced: starter button, ignition switch, seat, air filter, plastic grills all round, fuses, door stopper rubbers. Any one want to buy a new 6045 haha.
Let's see how it runs once finished.

Well this is what mechanic is going to fix:
2x fuel filters, head gasket on #2 cylinder, 1x Welsh plug, right side brake cylinder replacing, front right wheel bearings. Replace some fuel hoses plus new battery.
After all that I also replaced: starter button, ignition switch, seat, air filter, plastic grills all round, fuses, door stopper rubbers. Any one want to buy a new 6045 haha.
Let's see how it runs once finished.

Aw that's not too bad, your filter need be changed anyway. wheel bearings going is common on those tractors too, I said a new battery is always helpful, same with air filter. grills are only cosmetic it not like you have to replace a big lump of internals like a crown wheel & pinion.

In the new year it will be radiator + hoses + thermostat.
I did find two things. I've got a hand fuel pump and the primer button which you click on once fuel leaver open. So, I will see how that goes without any priming.
The hydraulics cylinder will need to be looked at as I have to get the revs up to lift the loader.

THEY come with a course radiator so there should be no problem there that,s my two cent So you finally found the fuel excess button tractor will start with that on no problem but one only really need it for cold weather have you split the centrifugal oil filter that is with out doubt the most important job to do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back