• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello Hello from Australia - with Zetor 6745

ozrural

Level 2
First name
Ian

Machinery:
Zetor 6745
Hello everyone. I am from Grenville, Victoria, Australia. I have just purchased a Zetor 6745. It was a bit eventful picking it up as the 'working tractor in good condition' advertised in reality hadn't been started for a few years. We took a spare battery with us (just in case) but it failed to turn over well, and smoke poured from a loose wire on the solenoid.

Anyway, it was a good excuse to knock the price down, and my friend who is far more skilled than me used his truck crane to winch it on. After getting it home we had it running in about an hour, and so now the restoration starts. Brakes don't work, so starting with master cylinders (which were completely seized up), and hopefully the rear cylinders don't need replacing but we will see. Temperature gauge needs replacing. A few oil leaks. Speaking about oil, I can't find an oil filler cap which seems impossible but it has me mystified. Currently we are searching for a workshop manual too.

From near drought conditions, winter rain has finally arrived so it might be a few more days before I can pressure wash her. Diesel leaks have already been fixed, and there is a fair bit more work to do, but all in all I think it was a bargain. I look forward to reading many posts on this forum and sharing my own experiences with the 6745.

PXL_20240712_015257676.jpg

Cheers, Ian

Hello and welcome Ian! :)

Will be interesting to see more pictures from the cabin as from the tractor at work then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back