• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello Hello, Zetor 5718

Sweden ludvig

Level 2
First name
Ludvig

Machinery:
Zetor 5718
Hello, I recently bought my first own tractor a Zetor 5718 which I am going to repaint and fix. From the 4 hour drive home I find it to be a lovely tractor, nice that it has a suspended front axle too. Going to be used for getting rid of snow and some lighter work like a hay rake and a tedder. I thought I'd register on a forum if I needed to ask any questions, and I already have some 😁
Zetor 5718.png

I've downloaded some spare parts catalogs of the internet and I can't really seem to find the right seat, I kind of wanted to have the original seats and not buy a different one but the old seat is not really in great shape. Also from the instruction book it says there should be bolts to lock the front axle suspension for doing work with a front loader, what do these look like? Are they just normal bolts? I can't seem to find any in the toolbox so I assume they are gone.
zetor 5718 sits.jpgzetor 5718 sits 2.jpg

Hello and welcome Ludvig! :)

Your seat is not an original seat but a third-party seat (accessory). Therefore, you will not find it in any Zetor spare parts catalog.
The original seats looked like this:
1728845175685.png99709227 (1).jpg

1728845194189.png sitz-suche.jpg
The first is a simple bucket seat. Mechanically sprung and with friction disc dampers.
The second is the Aerolastic comfort seat (optional). This is hydraulically dampened and also has an air cushion under the seat.
The Aerolastic seat is much more comfortable than the bucket seat.

Also from the instruction book it says there should be bolts to lock the front axle suspension for doing work with a front loader, what do these look like? Are they just normal bolts?
1728845561249.png
Behind the 4 covers (2 screws, 2 covers on each side of the axle, i.e. one cover from the front and one from the back) you can lock the front axle using the 4 locking bolts - you should definitely do this if you are using a front loader. Otherwise the spiral springs in the axle will break relatively quickly, as they were not designed for such a load (such a weight).

Die Bolzen schauen so aus:
1728845723897.png 1728845798778.png 1728845739177.png 1728845754335.png 1728845774719.png
If the springs are already tired, it may be necessary to relieve the front axle for assembly or disassembly in order to have the support ring in the middle of the opening.

1728845840199.png1728845861904.png
The bolt has the part number 55113636 (4x) and is manufactured with great precision and is also hardened. On one side there is an internal thread in a blind hole so that the bolt can be removed again.
1728845968330.png
The rubber (55113637, 4x) is designed to ensure that the locking pin is always pressed tightly against the support ring of the lid. The lid is normally sealed with a paper seal to prevent water from getting in - but if you apply enough grease to it, you can do without the paper seal if you like.

Hello and welcome Ludvig! :)

Your seat is not an original seat but a third-party seat (accessory). Therefore, you will not find it in any Zetor spare parts catalog.
The original seats looked like this:
View attachment 1817View attachment 1820

View attachment 1818 View attachment 1821
The first is a simple bucket seat. Mechanically sprung and with friction disc dampers.
The second is the Aerolastic comfort seat (optional). This is hydraulically dampened and also has an air cushion under the seat.
The Aerolastic seat is much more comfortable than the bucket seat.

View attachment 1822
Behind the 4 covers (2 screws, 2 covers on each side of the axle, i.e. one cover from the front and one from the back) you can lock the front axle using the 4 locking bolts - you should definitely do this if you are using a front loader. Otherwise the spiral springs in the axle will break relatively quickly, as they were not designed for such a load (such a weight).

Die Bolzen schauen so aus:
View attachment 1823 View attachment 1827 View attachment 1824 View attachment 1825 View attachment 1826
If the springs are already tired, it may be necessary to relieve the front axle for assembly or disassembly in order to have the support ring in the middle of the opening.

View attachment 1828View attachment 1829
The bolt has the part number 55113636 and is manufactured with great precision and is also hardened. On one side there is an internal thread in a blind hole so that the bolt can be removed again.
View attachment 1830
The rubber (55113637) is designed to ensure that the locking pin is always pressed tightly against the support ring of the lid. The lid is normally sealed with a paper seal to prevent water from getting in - but if you apply enough grease to it, you can do without the paper seal if you like.
Thanks for the reply! That explains why I couldn't find that seat in a spare parts catalog, I guess I'll have to fix the issue with the seat some other way. It's odd since if I google adverts for these tractors on sale in Sweden they all seem to have this seat so it must be something they mounted to the tractors here locally in Sweden I assume. Thanks for the part number for the bolt I'll have to order some of those, the previous owner said he hadn't used the front loader that much so hopefully the springs aren't too worn out. But first off I'll have to fix the massive crack in the front loader before it does any front loader work 😁.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back