• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

HELP NEEDED GUYS..! GAUGE PROBLEM ON 1970 3511

zetormatic3511

Level 2
First name
Zetormatic-3511
Hi all i have a zetor 3511 from 1970.
Theres a temp guage looks like its connected to the intake rail
Not working?
Any ideas
And theres another guage think it says "at" or something on it
Maby a voltometer
This has no connections to it.
If anyone can help me fix/locate parts id be forever grateful.
As there are the only problems on the tractor.
It has an original factory cab and original mudguards etc.
Thanks lads. :D

"at" means atmosphere, which stands for air pressure or engine oil pressure.

If you look closer you will see there are two pipes, the one your temp gauge is connected to is a pipe that leads cooling water from the engine to the thermostat housing.

I believe the other gauge are there to measure the air pressure if your tractor have the optional air break system for trailers.
If your tractor doesn't have this option installed this gauge isn't connected to anything and have no function.

To test the temp gauge, just take out the sensor and heat it carefully with a lighter or match, if the needle moves its OK.

you could just pull the wire off the sensor and dab it on a shiny bit of the engine to short it out ... gauge should go to full scale..... then heat the sensor to test the sensor

you could just pull the wire off the sensor and dab it on a shiny bit of the engine to short it out ... gauge should go to full scale..... then heat the sensor to test the sensor

Yes, if it have an electrical temp gauge, but this I believe have a mechanical gauge and my method is the simplest on such gauges.

follow the wire back from the gauge, its not technically a wire its some copper wire with a metal winding over it, remove it from the water manifold. be careful and dont hang off the nut removing it the water manifold is only tin and at the age it is could fracture! so take it easy. can test the gauge either by dropping the end of the sensor in boiling water ar hold a lighter to it.

most likely its knackered. you can get new ones. as for the other gauge its for an optional air tank to read the pressure in the tank, not really seen on tractors in uk and ireland.

matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back