• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

how many times

robertjohnson

Level 2
First name
Robert Johnson
My 7245, how many times do I have to pump the fuel pump? if I want an electronic fuel pump where do I get one from? Its starting is starting to annoy me.

Rob

Why do you have the pump the manual fuel pump?

Could it be that air is getting into the system?

I dont know, its just dead anoying cos its a good tractor, seems to be plenty of life in battery, just keeps turning over. When I pump I have to keep pumping. I have a loader on the tractor so getting to the fuel pump is hard.

Rob 7245 1996

Hi

If you clamp the return pipe to block it and pump the hand pump you'll probably find your leak, which will also let air in. I've never had to fit an electric pump on a Zetor . It's probabnly on the injector leak-off pipes but if you've still got the old green braided pipes it's well worth changing them all, for the small cost involved.
In answer to your question, you can hear the diesel passing through the injection pump when it is clear of air. (approx15 to 20 pumps).

Mike

this problem has an easy solution. had the same problem on my 6245 and 7745. you must change the fuel return hose to the tank. also change the hoses that goes between the injecors to the back of the fuel pump and the hose that goes from the return pipe on the back of the fuel pump and back to the fuel tank. this hose could have an invisible hole in it and lets air in causing diesel to run back to the tank. try it i think its worth your while :)

I currently have the fuel tank removed on my 8111 it was full of dirt. Just wondering what is the best way to clean it I am currently just flushing it with water. Also the return line goes into the Tank outlet beside the outlet for the sediment bowl am I right?? I have my fingers crossed that flushing the tank will solve my problems I dont fancy tackling the injector pump or anything else further down the line. I have a front wheel on the verge of falling off as well and the previous owner welded the nut to the stub axle so have to fork out for a new one of those. And it has not stopped raining in Ireland for the past 4 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back