• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Hydraulic problems

zetor6945

Level 2
First name
Zetor6945
Hi! Im new to this forum. Ive just bought a Zetor 6945 1979 and there is a problem with the hydraulics. I can use my frontloader without problems but the liftarms in the back wont go down whatever I try. I can lift up 500 kg of weight but not lower it down again. I have tried using the lever beneath the seat to set the hydraulic oil at max but nothing happens. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do. Sorry if I sound a bit stupid but Im new to this. The arms go down VERY slow after i turn the traktor off.

Check the easy things first, is the connecting lever linkage attached or worked loose (you can see it from the back under cab right hand side) be careful here & check with nothing attached to lift arms !

Hi again. From what I can see everything looks alright when I look at the lever from behind. Its just not happeningen anything when I shift the lever to down position. Any more ideas?

Hi

If you get someone to move the lever up and down you should be able to see the linkage moving on the right hand side under the back of the cab. If you have an assister ram, do the arms start to go down if you loosen the pipe - be careful not to get trapped !! Are the pickup hitch rods free ?
With the lever in the down position move the spool valve lever back and forward a few times in case the diff valve is stuck.

Mike

Ive tried the suggestions now, no luck yet. I read somewhere that I could try cleaning the magnetic filter and I have done so, I also read about cleaning the sucktion stringer of the hydraulic pump but I dont know how to do that, do I have to remove the hole pump then? And drain the hyraulic oil as well? Is it worth a shot? More ideas someone? I very grateful for all the tips I can get :)

Hi

If you've tried loosening the assister ram pipe and it doesn't go down then it is a mechanical problem not hydraulic . Make sure all your external linkage is free. If all is well the hydraulic top cover has to come off as there must be a problem with the lift piston or "donkeys dick".
There's no point cleaning the suction filter as it only affects the lifting.

Mike

Hi again! Thank you for your quick answer. Im beginning to feel like a bit of an idiot... Im not really sure if my tractor has an assiter ram, how would I know? Where should I check? Ive just got a workshop manual in the mail today and it didnt help me much. As I said Im a complete novis at this :)
When I look at the bottom cover of the hydralics, where the pump is, there is a pin coming down, when I google assiter ram I found someting called assiter ram kit bottom pin which look exactly like that, so maybe I have an assiter ram? Where is the pipe I should loosen and how do I do it?
Thanks a million for all your help. I feel a bit lost!!

Hi

As you stand at the back of the tractor the ram will be on the L/H side. It fits on the bottom linkarm pin and goes up to the top arm. Try loosening the bottom pipe carefully (if you have a a/ram).

Mike

hi your tractor dos not have an asister ram ,it did com inn mid 80.
in front off the hyd levrs there is a small lever that is for adjusting the sped off the arms it gos inn at the top under your seat it may be
this valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back