• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

inj pump timing

lwalsh2

Level 2
First name
lwalsh2
Hi recently having fitted a recon inj pump to my 12045 i now need to spill time this .How do I do this ? Also i need to check the valve clearance and need the inlet / exhaust settings and a simple way of doing this.
Liam.

[quotepost=1]
Hi recently having fitted a recon inj pump to my 12045 i now need to spill time this .How do I do this ? Also i need to check the valve clearance and need the inlet / exhaust settings and a simple way of doing this.
Liam.

The injection pump, i believe, is connected with 3 bolts in slot holes. you can untighten them and turn the pump (with running engine at 1000 rpm) and listen to the combustion noise. The smoothest noise gives the best overall performance.

Early timing gives hotter combustion and more power ?? and late injection gives better fuel efficiency and colder combustion ??? I'm not sure what setting causes which effect though... :(

Thanks for the information but I am more concerned with setting up the injector pump timing correctly. My understanding of this procedure is to locate top dead center on number one piston and having the pump fully primed move it on the slots to obtain fuel movement in number one port of the inj pump. Is this the correct way of doing this ?Also I need the correct inlet /exhaust valve settings . Any help is appreciated.
Liam.

Ah zo you dont even have the pump attached at all ? Yes i suppose the plunger/piston stroke have to be set even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back