• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

leaky injector

gdunc

Level 2
First name
glenn duncan
I have 6340 4cly that I just had to get the injector pump rebuilt. I took out the injectors and had them rebuilt as well . now the 3rd injector is leaking exhaust gas. anybody got any idea how to fix?

I have had the same problem and the solution was to clean the cone surface between the ejector house and the cylinder head. Even a very thin carbon layer will cause the leakage.
Hazze

what did you use to clean the cylinder. the injector is agood 4 inches long and about 1inch diamater

Block first the passage into the combustion chamber with a well secured cloth-plug so you lately can pull it upwards. Then I took the ejector house and used a thin layer of abrasive paste and twisted the house back and forward until all coating was gone. Then wipe the surface of the cylinder head with a cloth rolled around a stick and repeat this and use finally some diesel. When all is done, remove the cloth-plug. This might not be recommended by professional mechanic but worked for me and has not caused any problems. The tractor has gone about 250 hours since. Make sure that no abrasive paste will come into the combustion chamber. Of cause a better way is to disassemble the cylinder-head however far more time-consuming.
Hazze

The 1.9 turbodiesel engine in our dirt buggy leaked by the injector, after we pulled it out to stick a piece of metal wire into it to check for TDP after re assembling a timing belt. It blew some air, but after getting the engine hot, apparently the carbon was burnt off and it sealed.

The best way to clean carbon deposits (also to free stuck piston rings) is to soak in DOT 4 brake oil. It will eat through it very good. But once it has soaked past your piston rings, change the oil as it will eat engine oil too: Its crazy thin after getting some brake fluid into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back