• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Milky oil from under the seat

gustavbf109_

Level 2
First name
Me-109
New to the forum, have a new to me 5211. When using the outer hydraulic lever white milky oil cam out from under the seat somewhere, any thoughts?

Tractor clutch seem to not engage until the clutch pedal is almost all the way up, is this normal and is it adjustable?

New to the forum, have a new to me 5211. When using the outer hydraulic lever white milky oil cam out from under the seat somewhere, any thoughts?

Tractor clutch seem to not engage until the clutch pedal is almost all the way up, is this normal and is it adjustable?

If you are letting out the clutch nearly all the way, Defiantly look to see if there is any adjustment left or you would be looking at a change of clutch disc.

If the oil is a milky colour you should be changing that and it coming out under the seat , you may need to lift the floor for a check of the pipes.

It doesnt leak all the time seems like only when the pump was straining, there was no implements hooked to that hydraulic system either.
As far as the clutch I found out the brake fluid had drained out due to a problem with a brake line so the system needs bleeding. Both the brakes and clutch. Tractor has less than 900 hrs so I doubt the clutch lining is worn out yet.

For the oil the manual says 80-90wt in the gearbox, any other suggestions? What about the trans/hydraulic oils commonly found at tsc?

It doesnt leak all the time seems like only when the pump was straining, there was no implements hooked to that hydraulic system either.
For the oil the manual says 80-90wt in the gearbox, any other suggestions? What about the trans/hydraulic oils commonly found at tsc?

If oil comes out, it must be coming out of the banjo bolt of the tipping pipe.

Your tractor the gearbox and hydraulics are all the one tank and they recommend 80/90.

Tractor has less than 900 hrs so I doubt the clutch lining is worn out yet.

You must have a very fresh tractor, it would had been new 1986 and only have 900 hours? I think it sounds a bit too good or was it parked up for years?

Tractor was not really used much. Had a very disintegrated shifter boot. Think thats why water got in the gearbox. Got the clutch and brakes bled and its much better now. How much oil does the gearbox hold?
Another question, looks to have dual filters for the engine oil, this one has a single filter for the fuel system. Is the dual filters for the motor normal?

. How much oil does the gearbox hold?
Another question, looks to have dual filters for the engine oil, this one has a single filter for the fuel system. Is the dual filters for the motor normal?

The gearbox holds 25 lts. but you can put 30lts if you have a loader on it.

There is one filter on the side for the engine oil and two diesel filters.

Tractor was not really used much. Think thats why water got in the gearbox.

If there was water in the oil, you really need to change it and the filter and put in new oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back