• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

New 7245 owner

bullwinkle

Level 2
First name
Frank
Hi there,
I have just inherited a 7245 with the purchase of a few acres. I can get it started, but am having difficulty understanding what the 2 identical looking levers do, which are situated just below the driver's seat. This great tractor is not young and there are no markings. There is also no response to moving any of the levers I would assume operate the linkage and PTO (on the right of the seat). I feel I am missing something quite fundamental in the switch from old Ford to old Zetor :)
As a result I am so far unable to work out how to:
1. Raise the 3 point linkage and slasher
2. Engage the PTO, and
3. Reverse out of the shed!
Could anyone set me right? Many thanks, Frank, Dorrigo Australia

If it is similar to my 5711 it is like this:

The right lever is the hand/parking brake.

The left is the clutch for pto and hydraulics. To engage the hydraulic pump and/or pto, you need to pull the left lever and select what you want enabled with the selector handle in the bottom edge of this picture, then release the clutch:
zetor5711ptohyd.jpg,800,600

the 7245 does not have the clutch lever on the same place as in your picture. the pto clutch is the rearward facing lever on the left side of drivers seat. the forward facing lever is the handbrake. if there is a lever between them facing straight up its the hitch release. the left lever between your legs controls the pto and hyd pump. when its pushed all the way forward the hyd pump is connected, if you pull it a stage toward you you got pump and pto working, next stage is neutral, and the last stage is gearbox driven pto. the lever beside it is the high low range selector. all the way forward low gear,middle neutral and back is high range. also dont look at the gear diagram in the picture. your tractor has the gears totally opposite. the reverese is where the 1st gear is on the picture and so on.

...but am having difficulty understanding what the 2 identical looking levers do, which are situated just below the driver's seat.
Are the two identical levers like those with a yellow band on this picture:
zetor5711ptohyd2.jpg,800,600

If so, my previous post should be fairly close (but I'm not familiar with other Zetors than my 5711...).

svein there is no use in putting out pictures of the 5711 setup its not like the 7245. ive explained the levers and function in my previous post.

Then the pictures are gone... I just had an idea that they might be of some help due to the way Frank asked...

:)
Thanks Guys- most helpful. It all makes sense now. I appreciate the heads-up on the gears diagram too :-x

Very much appreciated -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back