• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello New to 4wd Zetor 5245 - USA

clearview101

Level 2
First name
Bob E.

Machinery:
Zetor 3320, Zetor 5245
I bought a 3320 sometime ago, had trouble with the 3 point hitch but with advice from others repaired it
I have been using it for quite a few years as my go to tractor. I did bypass the lift pump with an electric one and it works fairly well. It does seem to be getting air somewhere as after a few days I have to loosen the 17mm bolt on the injection pump for a few seconds. All good after that.

I recently bought a 5245 that also seems to be having lift pump problems and am in the process of installing an electric pump on that.

I have been around tractors all my life but have never had anything to do with a 4wd until now. Is there anything maintenance wise or when driving it would be good to know, before I get started?

If anyone can identify the loader and explain how it can be removed when not in use I would appreciate that.

Thank You.

Attachments

• 20240821_072535.jpg
    20240821_072535.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 20240907_140918.jpg
    20240907_140918.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 5
With your Zetor 5245 and it would be a help if you posted more pictures from around the tractor loader.
From the one picture, the loader is not a detachable loader, so you would need to remove all of the loader frame.
I believe this is not be an easy thing to do.

You may also want to service all the oils, see here for some info:
FAQ - List of fluids for Zetor 3340 to 6340 - https://zetorworld.com/threads/list-of-fluids-for-zetor-3340-to-6340.5593/.

The 4x4 tractor is very different as you will be able to do a lot more with it.
Pulling and Pushing is a whole new thing with a 4x4 tractor.

I bought a 3320 sometime ago, had trouble with the 3 point hitch but with advice from others repaired it
I have been using it for quite a few years as my go to tractor. I did bypass the lift pump with an electric one and it works fairly well. It does seem to be getting air somewhere as after a few days I have to loosen the 17mm bolt on the injection pump for a few seconds. All good after that.

I recently bought a 5245 that also seems to be having lift pump problems and am in the process of installing an electric pump on that.

I have been around tractors all my life but have never had anything to do with a 4wd until now. Is there anything maintenance wise or when driving it would be good to know, before I get started?

If anyone can identify the loader and explain how it can be removed when not in use I would appreciate that.

Thank
I hope the power steering works if i have to drive it with the loader on. It looks well built and heavy. I had a stroke in March and not able to get around or take pictures as well as i would like.

The tractor was not running when I bought it but with the electric pump my son's have had it running for a short time. They plan to work on it some more today.

Thank you for the fluids list, and the replies. I have been very happy with the 3320. I think the 5245 will be good too, once we get the bugs out.

Attachments

• 20240821_072709.jpg
    20240821_072709.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240830_094446.jpg
    20240830_094446.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240821_072628.jpg
    20240821_072628.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 3
Keep 4wd off on pavement, because the front wheels make a wider turn than the rear wheels, the driveline winds up in a corner, putting quite some stress on the components. We busted a front diff because our manure pit was too deep to get out of without 4wd.

Keep 4wd off on pavement, because the front wheels make a wider turn than the rear wheels, the driveline winds up in a corner, putting quite some stress on the components. We busted a front diff because our manure pit was too deep to get out of without 4wd.
Good point. Thank You. It's things like that I would never have thought about.

Hello and welcome Bob! :)

Most points for operation you can find here in the right operators manual for your Zetor . Its free and legal.

Hello and welcome Bob! :)

Most points for operation you can find here in the right operators manual for your Zetor . Its free and legal.
Thank You, for the link, I will check that out soon. We have the tractor running and driving. It all seems to work as it should. Need to get the fluids checked or changed. A few other things tidied up and we should be good to go.
Going to cut some hay with the 3320 today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back