• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

New to Me 5211

jaoneill

Level 2
First name
North Country Farmer
Recently brought home a 5211 that I bought "right" because it had brake issues and had been sitting at the back of a New Holland dealer's lot for several years. Pedals both went to the floorboard with no resistance so I thought I would start with the easy stuff and replaced the master cylinders and rubber hoses. Put a half quart of fluid through it and still no pedal, so it appears that the wheel cylinders need replacing, at which point I may as well do the whole shot; kind of a shame because it only has 1,400 hours on the clock. It also needs both PTO and hand brake cables (both are set up tight) all of this probably due to lack of use and, I'm guessing, living outside in the weather all its life. This isn't my first rodeo, been building and rebuilding equipment for 50 years, but I generally find it helpful to have a full set of manuals . I have an original Owner's Manual and a reprint of what pretends to be, and appears to be, a Zetor Service Manual with diagrams having numbered parts but no key to the numbers. It has 188 pages, most of my other service manuals whether JD, Allis Chalmers, or whatever, have a minimum of 300 pages, most close to 1000. I was wondering if anyone here might know if there is a companion book to this Service Manual or maybe something better? I see that there are parts books out there but I hate to spend over a hundred bucks for one of those only to find out it is no better than what I have.
Thanks for any help , it would be most appreciated,
Jim

There are parts manuals , operating manuals and workshop manuals.

Did you bleed the system or just top up the oil and be darned that it still doesnt work ?

There is no "bleed" to it. Wheel cylinders have to be shot; pump the pedal and the fluid just disappears as the pedal continues to go to the floor. Doesn't build any pressure at all - either side.

PS: I have been servicing (and bleeding) auto & truck brake systems for 50 years, one can't bleed a system that won't build pressure....... :D

I used to make parts manuals for the wheel loader manufacturer i worked for, but Zetor parts manuals are more accurate than what we made... Parts used from serial number, to serial number...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back