• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

oil dipstick 7745

M

Matt

I just bought a 7745 with a front end loader, and the mounting bracket for the loader makes it tough to get to the dipstick. Does anybody have any ideas how to make an extension or know where to purchase one?

Does anyone know the thread size of the oil dipstick? I'm thinking about using copper tubing to extend away from the block and using a universal dipstick that will slide in the tubing. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions.

That's a good idea, i think i will do the same to my tractors...

I have been annoyed quite a time, for the stupid position of the dipstick, in a notch on the block instead of on a small tube. The notch is allways full of dirt so i keep wiping dirt into the engine when i put the dipstick back..

With a dipstick on a tube, the risk is eliminated because dirt doesnt stick on the end of a tube as much as in a notch

Where do you buy those universal dipsticks ? an automotive store ??

YES BUT THE PROBLEM WITH THAT IS, IF THE MARKS ARE NOT ECACTLY IN THE SAME PLACE THE DIPSTICK WILL GIVE A FALSE READING.:sneaky:

Yes, I think you can get them at a parts store. You can mark the new one after an oil change, and then match the low mark from the original dipstick. Maybe drill two small holes for the marks. Does anybody know the thread size of the hole?

I think its metric fine. Something like M12x1,5 thread. I assume a hydraulic plumber will have something that fits as hydraulics use all sorts of fine fitting threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back