• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

proxima plus

P

phil

Hey,

perhaps you could tell me if the new proxima plus (10541 etc) tractors are available in UK?! really like the look of them with higher hp engines and new transmission but can't find them on any price lists here in UK and dealers have not so much as mentioned them. seems that it is just standard proxima on offer, which is a bit too basic for my needs. hope you can help !

hmm, thanks for that. it is rather annoying though when decision to change tractor is taking place now due to the great finance deals currently on offer in UK. is the proxima plus worth holding out for over a new landini for example? Any idea on what price will be compared to current proxima?

Hi, the new plus sounds like a nice piece of kit. I was speaking to Peter at Zetors today, he tells me it is coming to the UK for publicity photo shots mid December for January launch. My advice would be hang on another month and check it out in January.

Seems to me the 'plus' is a normal proxima with the 8441 engine power turned up at the injector pump (apparently the 8441 engine can be tuned to 115 BHP ) & auto hitch balls on the link arms ?
Anyone know if this is the case ? If so this can be done using weld on link arm ends + pump adjustment.

The Proxima Plus has different rear portals, 2 speed powershift (multipower) hydraulic PTO, stronger front axle look at Zetorworlds home page for more details!

Up to speed now tnx. :) will be interesting to see price difference.
Always thought the link arms needed beefing up a bit , suppose it's all relative though.

If you want hook lift linkage ends, ect.. buy the "forterra" version. it has the same hp but higher specification.;)

Your right of course, I just want something for nothing ;)

Got a 8441 last year with Trac Lift 120 loader, does everything I need. :)

Maybey zetor should fit hook lift on the 8441:sneaky: because 80hp tractor is used with 4 furrow plough,10ft discs ect.. and hook lift is needed for these.
Have you had any problems with you proxima? i want to buy new zetor but the forterra looks a little heavy for me. maybey proxima is big enough?
I want to use it for- mowing,round Baling,bale wrapping,loading/stacking bales,towing trailers,feeding cattle,ploughing,rolling ect.. Maybey proxima 8441 is enough?

Other makes look like crap to me, Apart from the small MF (valtra painted like massey) and mc cormick (cx series) But zetor dealer is many miles nearer than the others:)

OH DONT go near the mc cormicks. they are a very soft tractor and dont like hard work. we have a mf 4255 97hp brillinant tractor built in 2001 havent layed a spanner to it. the newer models are the 5400 and 4400 series the 5400 use perkins and the 4400 use sisu. i have to say i like the 8441 proxima although i cant compare it to our mf. i think the proximas are very well built tractors and value for money. although if you want a cheap tractor. a 110hp mf is around 35,000 and a belarus 110 hp is 15,000. matt

No real problems with Proxima 8441 apart from left hand door shattered all by itself one night while parked, apparently this sometimes happens if glass is flawed.
Proxima is well capable of all the jobs mentioned above within sensible reason, for instance a 10ft offset mounted mower conditioner owned by a friend was to unstable to use safely when in work position, plenty of power but not enough tractor weight, trailed version no problem though; for loader work a shuttle box is a must & a rear weight helps stability & takes weight off the front axle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back