• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor Proxima 85 wont reverse

Netherlands Renze

Administrator
Staff member
First name
Renze

Machinery:
1976 5718
1978 5718 35kmh: Work in progress
1967 3011
I was asked if i could help with a problem:

A local farm has a 2008 Proxima Power 85 which has an intermittent failure:

It sometimes wont shift into reverse. The farmer switched the plugs in the F-N-R lever and then it reverses. They took it to the Dutch importer who replaced an oil pressure sensor, which they thought was the problem. Coming home, it failed again. Importer thought maybe the clutch pack is bad. Farmer took it out and had another nearby dealer (dealer they bought it from doesnt do agriculture anymore, just park and garden) take a look. On his advice they changed the clutch pack, yet the problem remains, intermittant.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem ?
Because it works when the plugs of forward and reverse are swapped, we wonder what else we could do to find an electrical problem...

Anytime we have had a tractor with intermittent reverse it has always been the shuttle switch under the steering wheel. It is a somewhat common problem we run into.

Anytime we have had a tractor with intermittent reverse it has always been the shuttle switch under the steering wheel. It is a somewhat common problem we run into.
I PM'd Alan Yarnold in the UK. He said the same thing, F/R switch 95% of the cases.

Too bad that there were so few sold in Holland that theres no experience, even at the importer, and that they advise to rebuild the clutch packs instead... If they were sold more common, they would have known this in Holland too, instead of advising a customer to rebuild clutch packs at 4000hr 😏🙈

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back