• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Repairing a Zetor 6045

jds_surf

Level 2
First name
Jared
I have recently purchased a 6045 which has a few issues that need attention.

I am located in Australia and struggling to find much information about these.

First issue is the a leak which appears to be coming from the rear seal of the tailshaft. There was a cover plate which I have removed and it is dripping oil. I am not sure what part needs replacing and would like to try and work it out before dropping the shaft completely and I assume having to drain the oil.

Next is the hydraulics, the owner prior to me said it leaks and requires to be filled each time you use the tractor. Is the oil that would be leaking from the tail shaft the same oil the hydraulics use? Only other leak I can see is where the hydraulic line for the front end loader is plugged in at the rear.

Finally the brakes. There is none. I checked the brake fluid and up front it is dry. I have also found where the brake lines appear to go into the rear brakes and I think the bleeders are also located there. Now I assume the master cylinder (is there one or two master cylinders) might need replacing first? I am hoping not to have to take the wheels off as I don't really have the equipment. Also when I stuck my finger into where the bleeders are there is a bit of dirt and much, would that be a problem?

Sorry for so many questions.

Apart from that it starts and drives, it will be very useful on the property if I can get it all running.

Cheers

Jared

Hi Jarad

I just bought a 6045 with 3600 hrs. I would get yourself a workshop and parts manual first up.

You can message me and I can give you details of excellent parts supplier for Australia without costing the earth.

I have issues with my breaks, grabbing late. I am going to put mine in at the mechanics for a check over and replacing some hydraulic hoses.

Tks
Thomas

For parts visit agrapoint.com. If you are not sure re part number, you can email them first and then search the part number on their site to order. Shipping takes 10days and parts cost 1/3 of what's on offer in Oz.
I've ordered a few parts and no issues.

Visit zetor .com.au and then ring them. They r in VIC. You have to order everything over phone. It's costs $75 plus postage I recon.

Does yr 6045 start straight up after a few days idle?

It starts but it does require a bit of cranking. I have found that the bigger the battery the better to crank it. I was using the recommended size battery but I found after it had been sitting it almost flattened the battery trying to start.

Where are you located?

Tks. What size battery did you get? How many volts/amps n brand? With the new battery, how many times are you cranking it? If it's been sitting for a week let's say.
Tks

EXIDE EXTREME 8DMF 1200CCA BATTERY is what seems to work ok. I was linking when I first got it 2 x 850CCA batteries which also worked well but the space was very tight.

Probably after sitting for a week up to 10 cranks and this might also be that I crank if 5 or so times and nearly catches then stop and crank it another 5 or so for a good start.

For parts visit agrapoint.com. If you are not sure re part number, you can email them first and then search the part number on their site to order. Shipping takes 10days and parts cost 1/3 of what's on offer in Oz.
I've ordered a few parts and no issues.

Hello zetor oz,how are parts in terms of quality?thank you in advance.

Hi, I've had no issues so far. These are parts like, starter button, alternator cover, seat, indicator cover, grill covers.

There are other suppliers, but Agra are very good and price is fine.

Hi Jared

I have a 1000cca battery and recently fully charged it and pumped the fuel prime pump about 30 times and then full throttle and after 5 to 7 cranks it started.

Is that what you do?

For parts also check Beno. They are cheaper than Agra.

First issue is the a leak which appears to be coming from the rear seal of the tailshaft. There was a cover plate which I have removed and it is dripping oil. I am not sure what part needs replacing and would like to try and work it out before dropping the shaft completely and I assume having to drain the oil.
Next is the hydraulics, the owner prior to me said it leaks and requires to be filled each time you use the tractor. Is the oil that would be leaking from the tail shaft the same oil the hydraulics use? Only other leak I can see is where the hydraulic line for the front end loader is plugged in at the rear.
Jared
Where your tractor is leaking oil at the back end of 4wd drive shaft is where your loosing the oil out of gearbox/hydraulics, if you have to put in oil after every time you use it, its bad and you want to be replacing the seal quick. yes you will have to drain out the oil and drop down the shaft, open off the castle nut and inside it will have a seal to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back